The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hello guys, presently very interested in Seth Lover's *other* humbucker, the CuNiFe design he did for Fender, which has been revived big-time in the last few years. It's primarily associated with rock and country, Can anyone point me at jazz players using this design? Best, NP,

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There must be tons of info and threads over at TGP the gear page.net. Are you looking for a less dark sounding humbucker?

Also try Lindy Fralin ,Jason Lollar, Seymour Duncan website for info on various humbucker type of builds.

I'm already up to speed on the characteristics of the pickup and the different types that are available, thanks. As my original post said, "Can anyone point me at jazz players using this design?" Especially lesser-known/just breaking through players. This board is good at that stuff, while TGP tends more to the mainstream. Guys? NP.

User Info Menu

In that case it’s probably amongst the younger players in the Jazz Scene today like Julian Lage, etc. The older guys could generally care less about the specific gear itself, Lol!

User Info Menu

The best place to read all the tech details of the WRHBs - and I'm talking about the actual vintage ones, not the newer fender FAKE ones (just larger PAFs), or the many aftermarket builders who made them with FeCrCro or Alnico. The real, actual, Fender, CuNiFe ones- is TDPRI. NOTE: the newEST fender ones ARE CuNiFe. They are the real deal, just not vintage. But there were many years of Fender selling guitars with what LOOKED like WRHBs on them, and Fender even called them that, but all they were were Gibson PAF style humbuckers under a larger WRHB cover. Much closer in sound to Gibson than fender.

I've never seen anyone using one (which would be in a thinline tele) to play jazz on. They are mid scooped pickups, alot of low end and high end. Loud. Sort of the opposite of a PAF. I think they were shooting for a hum-cancelling pickup that sounded like a Fender single coil. It doesn't, but it's closer than a PAF.