The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A while ago,I put in a post about searching for a warmer sound for my Epiphone Emperor Regent.
    Lots of you came back with helpful hints and ideas ... as usual,thanks.
    I decided to fit a Kent Armstrong Jazzy Joe pick-up and I'm happy with it.The JJ was fitted and the tone and volume pots were given a good clean and left in the Guitar.
    The Guitar is plugged into a 1960's Australian made Fi-Sonic tube amp of about 12/15 watts... Volume @ 3 ,Treble @ 3,Mid @ 5,Bass @ 6..Guitar on 10 volume,tone on 2.
    It sounds nice and has a gentle breakup ,even at that low volume.
    So,I'm what's called a happy camper ... thanks again for all your inputs,much appreciated .

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thats very nice to hear, and nice to give the forum feedback. Though I was not part of the conversation or advice group, all too often is the forum asked for advice after which no more mention is made about the subject by the op leaving all followers and all advisors in the air as to how the question panned out. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Congrats!

User Info Menu

Cheers Ozoro .. Good manners and common courtesy are just about things of the past these days ,I try to ' fly the flag ' for these important things.
    There's lots of good people on this site that always offer help .. I'm glad to be here... and ... the Jazzy Joe is great .

User Info Menu

Kent Armstrong has repeatedly said that the Korean-made pickups are the same materials and designs he uses in Vermont, hand-wound by a guy in Korea that Kent trained. Glad to hear it sounds good! The KA Johnny Smith style pickups are a little hotter than most other similar pickups.

User Info Menu

Cheers mate .. That's good info about the manufacture of the pick-up.. Actually my Guitar is made in Korea by the Peerless company.A very well made ,dependable instrument.. I really like it.

User Info Menu

Does the Jazzy Joe fit without modifying the pickguard? I ordered a Shadow Attila Zoller many years ago but never had it installed, because of its size. My ER is a -99 from Peeerless. It just keeps getting better.

User Info Menu

The JJ went straight in, without any modifications Gitterbug...it's amost an exact replica of the original Epi pickup.
    The screw holes don't line up with the original holes and the 'arms' of the JJ had to be squeezed in a bit.
    I'd like to know when my Peerless Epi was made ,is there any way of dating these Guitars ?

User Info Menu

I think there's several Epi serial number guides on the web. The first two digits indicate manufacturing year. Letters reveal the manufacturer. Sorry I don't remember all the rigmarole by heart and must rush.