The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Arrived today and I'm pretty impressed - real nice instrument and QC is pretty much spot on; can't really find faults and the fretwork is very good. Will need some setting up as there is too much relief in the neck and the action at the nut is not good but on the plus side, there appears to be plenty of saddle to work with so I should be able to get it down to my liking. I probably won't use the body pickup setting much as it picks up too much but might be OK for percussive style players. I'll fool with it some more and see what happens. So far so good though.
    Cordoba Stage-stage2-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I love mine. Very comfortable guitar to play—especially recuperating from a left wrist sprain that limits my wrist movement. IMO has a great sound with a decent acoustic amplifier (Fishman Artist) without much piezo squeak that afflicts many A/E nylon strings.

I put La Bella 900’s with the polished gold bass strings and black nylon strings. Sounded great from the first day and still retains a lot of brightness even 6 months later. And looks very cool.

I have played around a lot with the controls, and find that setting the tone and pickup controls at about 50% works well—takes off the metallic treble sounds and allows some body into it.

Enjoy!

User Info Menu

is it heavy?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    is it heavy?
    No, roughly 5 lbs / 2.3 kg, depending on the individual piece.

Stage Natural Amber - Cordoba Guitars