The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 26

User Info Menu

Grammatico speaker sim on this one.

Last clip before spinal surgery tomorrow.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    Grammatico speaker sim on this one.

Last clip before spinal surgery tomorrow.

I think that’s the best of the clean ones so far.

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    I think that’s the best of the clean ones so far.
    thanks, i'm starting to learn how to set the speaker simulator in this thing...

User Info Menu

So on this one the guitar sounds a little fatter possibly at the expense of some percussiveness. Pick what you like. In the end it's about what your saying they all sound really good. Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

User Info Menu

What speaker are you using now? It seems like you're going on the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984
    What speaker are you using now? It seems like you're going on the right direction
    Grammatico 1x12. I think it's an EV. For some reason, the IRs just sound like crap in the helix. I think IR is a bad technology for what we're trying to do because if you need to adjust mic distance and angle, the only way is to load a new IR. With Helix' built in cabs, you can do all that interactively .

Quote Originally Posted by skiboyny
    So on this one the guitar sounds a little fatter possibly at the expense of some percussiveness. Pick what you like. In the end it's about what your saying they all sound really good. Best of luck on a speedy recovery.
    that might be from moving the virtual mic further from the speaker. It's a bit puzzling to me how I can set a low pass filter for 3.7k and still be getting a really sharp treble response out of the virtual speaker cabinet. Must be a really slow slope on the filter

User Info Menu

Grammatico 1x12. I think it's an EV. For some reason, the IRs just sound like crap in the helix. I think IR is a bad technology for what we're trying to do because if you need to adjust mic distance and angle, the only way is to load a new IR. With Helix' built in cabs, you can do all that interactively .
    Yeah, it's a much more pracital approach, I have almost 1000 IRs on my EPSI, and it's hit or miss. But some do sound great!

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984
    Yeah, it's a much more pracital approach, I have almost 1000 IRs on my EPSI, and it's hit or miss. But some do sound great!
    Sadly, i have thousands too. The problem is that you have to use a translation sheet on them to figure out what mic and what placement was on it because the file names are too short. This is the case with almost every IR I have bought.

User Info Menu

Yes, I think that's the best sounding of the clean tones too.

Good stuff Jack.

User Info Menu

Best of luck with the surgery! Mine was done in 2014, when my left leg was almost paralyzed. Full recovery. Hope to enjoy your clips soon again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Best of luck with the surgery! Mine was done in 2014, when my left leg was almost paralyzed. Full recovery. Hope to enjoy your clips soon again!
    You still doing well? One scary thing is that I read a report on this surgery that said the average time between having the surgery and needing a 2nd one was 2.5 years!

User Info Menu

All the best with the surgery.

User Info Menu

TBH, my lower back is a mess but there's nothing that a scalpel would cure. Last year, I built a playhouse for my granddaughters and had to play dwarf for weeks. First backaches after the 2014 operation, but those blew over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    TBH, my lower back is a mess but there's nothing that a scalpel would cure. Last year, I built a playhouse for my granddaughters and had to play dwarf for weeks. First backaches after the 2014 operation, but those blew over.
    I just hope I can play guitar by sunday!

User Info Menu

I just hope I can play guitar by sunday!
    There's a very old joke along these lines..."Doc, will I be able to play piano after the surgery?..." Well, you know the rest.

This parted out BK is going for $3500, $150 shipping.

With tax, it's almost $4k delivered.

I talked to my repairman and he figures with fingerboard planing, refret, hardware, etc., it will probably be at least $1500.

So, $1500 for a franken-kessel. I reached out to the seller and told him that I could get an all original kessel for less money and told him i'd be interested at $2200.

And it's got an extra hole in the top!

No reply.

User Info Menu

Extra hole or factory Varitone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Extra hole or factory Varitone?
    at the end of the day, it's an extra hole, regardless...

User Info Menu

Good luck with the surgery, Jack! Hoping for a speedy and full recovery for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    Good luck with the surgery, Jack! Hoping for a speedy and full recovery for you.
    thanks, it's at 715am today

User Info Menu

Your recovery must come first, so that everything you love in life doesn't have to come last.

User Info Menu

Good luck with your recovery Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Good luck with your recovery Jack!
    Thanks, spending the night in the hospital

User Info Menu

Jack I hope are ok my man!
    And although highly unlikely, if you never play again, THAT was some of the best playing we’ve ever heard on here.
    All your influences all rolled into one superb video. Pops would be proud!
    Get well soon!
    Joe D