The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This time, no overdrive pedal. Just the lead channel of the helix stomp using the grammatico amp.

Stella by Starlight with a Les Paul and fusion tone.

Some more ramblings on my Les Paul over Stella by Starlight.

I'd like to find a better speaker IR for this tone. Using a bogner 2x12 cab with celestion golds but not crazy about it.

A lot of original artwork behind me and also some of my favorite artists like Frank Garvey, John Coltrane, Pat Martino, Charlie Parker, Sy Zucker

Last edited by jzucker; 05-24-2023 at 08:08 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You have a malformed link there, Jack.

User Info Menu

Jack, the new Helix update added an EV cab - that should, in theory, be a great cab for a Dumble! And you can now move the mics etc, lots of flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984
    Jack, the new Helix update added an EV cab - that should, in theory, be a great cab for a Dumble! And you can now move the mics etc, lots of flexibility.
    either the IR implementation sucks in the Helix or maybe this particular ownhammer cab sucks.

This one uses an internal cab.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    either the IR implementation sucks in the Helix or maybe this particular ownhammer cab sucks.

This one uses an internal cab.

Ownhammer and Redwirez are hit or miss - some are nice, some not so much. I've been enjoying York Audio IRs recently, they're the best I tried so far, and I tried a lot. But I don't think they have any on the Dumble vein, yet.

That does sound a lot better, the new Helix cab block seems great. Which cab / mics are you using? I always end up on the classic 57+121 combo.

User Info Menu

Just saw it's the Matchless cabs - York Audio has some Matchless cabs. I love their Twin JBL IRs for archotp cleans.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984
    Just saw it's the Matchless cabs - York Audio has some Matchless cabs. I love their Twin JBL IRs for archotp cleans.
    Thanks. I have the JW 4x12 cab and didn't think it sounded too good with the helix. Maybe IRs just suck with the helix? The internal cabs sound a lot better. I also moved the low pass filter down to 3.9k instead of 5.5k on the previous clip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    Thanks. I have the JW 4x12 cab and didn't think it sounded too good with the helix. Maybe IRs just suck with the helix? The internal cabs sound a lot better. I also moved the low pass filter down to 3.9k instead of 5.5k on the previous clip.
    Maybe, but I mean in theory the Helix just "plays" the IR, not hard to do. I still use an old Logidy EPSI and it works great... Anyway, if the stock cabs work