The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 129

User Info Menu

Would anyone happen to have any 'mid build' pics of the current Campellone batch?

jim

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Mark usually sends some pix to a couple of folks here to post.
    We shall see...

User Info Menu

I will ask Mark

User Info Menu

Mid build pics. I really dig the Florentine cut

New Campellone builds-33308cf2-fab0-449c-888b-00b55e9cb3a6-jpegNew Campellone builds-5b7edc6c-48d1-440e-965b-c2b4bc5bf348-jpegNew Campellone builds-e5fec057-9dc2-48bd-bceb-521db6a97ef3-jpegNew Campellone builds-e322685d-fba6-4a74-bf5a-04da438b2b84-jpegNew Campellone builds-05bc8891-b927-4206-9b40-e1e242971a94-jpeg

User Info Menu

A fretboard for another cameo?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    A fretboard for another cameo?
    Yup. They are getting very popular
    A Citation at half the price.

User Info Menu

You're the man Vinny!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    You're the man Vinny!
    No Mark Campellone is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Mid build pics. I really dig the Florentine cut
    Note the sizes of the other bodies - three 17" and two 16". The Florentine looks like one of the very few remaining 15" EP-sized bodies that Mark has left, done up nicely in Deluxe or Special garb - cool! Great idea - get them while you can!

User Info Menu

Excellent..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Note the sizes of the other bodies - three 17" and two 16". The Florentine looks like one of the very few remaining 15" EP-sized bodies that Mark has left, done up nicely in Deluxe or Special garb - cool! Great idea - get them while you can!
    Correct sir - the Florentine cut is a 15" guitar, made using left over EP laminated back and rim set - a custom job, dressed up with multiple bindings throughout and abalone block position markers - getting a wine red finish - should look pretty cool : )

User Info Menu

Yup. They are getting very popular
    A Citation at half the price.
    An interesting note regarding CAMEO production - after building the CAMEO prototype in 2002, it was nine years before I actually got an order for one in 2011 - another seven years went by till I built the third CAMEO, which I did just as a spec piece, in 2018 - it sold immediately - since 2020, I've done four more CAMEO orders, with at least two more coming up -

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    An interesting note regarding CAMEO production - after building the CAMEO prototype in 2002, it was nine years before I actually got an order for one in 2011 - another seven years went by till I built the third CAMEO, which I did just as a spec piece, in 2018 - it sold immediately - since 2020, I've done four more CAMEO orders, with at least two more coming up -
    Of course, it's a spectacular guitar! And with Gibson currently... well, you know.

Best of success to you Mark, you deserve it!

User Info Menu

My 16" Special cured my GAS. I still drool over others, but hands down it is the guitar for me.
    It is without peer. When I play the others, it's like maintenance, with a few exceptions.
    I received the guitar last fall. Since then, I'm no longer like a hungry dog, waiting to be fed.
    There will be others, but they won't thrill me like this one. It's a very satisfying feeling.
    Mark knocked it out of the park when he built it! And the process was extraordinarily smooth.
    Without a doubt.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    My 16" Special cured my GAS. I still drool over others, but hands down it is the guitar for me.
    It is without peer. When I play the others, it's like maintenance, with a few exceptions.
    I received the guitar last fall. Since then, I'm no longer like a hungry dog, waiting to be fed.
    There will be others, but they won't thrill me like this one. It's a very satisfying feeling.
    Mark knocked it out of the park when he built it! And the process was extraordinarily smooth.
    Without a doubt.
    Mark Campellone was a hidden treasure for decades that now has been discovered by all. The fact that his waiting list went from 4 months to 4 years kind of sums it all up. A true American treasure. The D’Angelico of our present day. In 50 years a Campellone will be worth a fortune.

User Info Menu

I'm wondering if the Cameo is one of the quilts or the flame 17"? lol I love these kind of build threads

User Info Menu

The Cameo is quilt. What blows me away is the fingerboard inlays.
    The skill to do that is unbelievable.
    Sadly I got on the Campellone train late in life but better late then never.
    Having a Campellone built for you is a joy from day 1 of the build till it is in your hands. He is the most customer focused guitar maker I have ever dealt with. The guy has serious guitar playing chops too.
    Like I said he is a treasure.
    You will NEVER hear these words: My Campellone is a turd from anyone that owns one.

Mark is a huge Gibson fan boy too. He took that recipe and fed it steroids.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone;[URL="tel:1262929"
    1262929[/URL]]An interesting note regarding CAMEO production - after building the CAMEO prototype in 2002, it was nine years before I actually got an order for one in 2011 - another seven years went by till I built the third CAMEO, which I did just as a spec piece, in 2018 - it sold immediately - since 2020, I've done four more CAMEO orders, with at least two more coming up -
    That’s Three Cameos coming up…. Mauibob

User Info Menu

Who needs Gibson for a great archtop build.

New Campellone builds-bda3ca0c-ea1d-485c-8b22-cc5c81144639-jpegNew Campellone builds-d8ff26e3-287e-49ba-b265-802bc4afc6fc-jpeg

User Info Menu

That's right Vinny!

User Info Menu

Note on the Cameo fretboard the reverse Cupid’s bow.
    Actually more difficult to do.

User Info Menu

Necks rough shaped

New Campellone builds-058c6ab4-776e-498b-a67f-0fcfb8d390eb-jpegNew Campellone builds-01704abf-9d9d-4179-a35f-daec83f61513-jpegNew Campellone builds-ab70d952-9497-41ca-ae15-5c1b7ed49952-jpegNew Campellone builds-f82e9a04-9af6-43b2-a359-af0b5ec13975-jpeg

User Info Menu

I think the standard cupids bow at the fingerboard base is a Gibson trademark but MC would know for sure.
    I know for a fact when Gibson dug in their heels 20+ yrs ago they sent cease and desist letters to many luthiers for infringement on the mustache headstock tip and other details. Somehow a few builders like Heritage and Slaman continued to use it, not sure if it's harder to enforce overseas in the case of Slaman.

User Info Menu

Who needs Gibson for a great archtop build.

New Campellone builds-bda3ca0c-ea1d-485c-8b22-cc5c81144639-jpegNew Campellone builds-d8ff26e3-287e-49ba-b265-802bc4afc6fc-jpeg

Diggin' the headstock veneer with the ice cream cone. Definitely play some cooler licks on the guitar equipped with that puppy.

User Info Menu

So awesome, can't wait for the paint pics!!