The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 129

User Info Menu

Necks complete Looks like every scale in this batch.

New Campellone builds-f2ecfad9-1b47-4992-8033-2532b654aaf5-jpegNew Campellone builds-cf248fac-4c59-4f5d-bf28-a4a510962410-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I am pretty sure I want you to build a Cameo for me Mark! #555 has set the bar very high for me!

User Info Menu

Vinny,

Reading your posts on this site helped me to look into Mark's work and he built me a Deluxe that is a marvel of beauty and function. It is an ARCHTOP, but the sustain is remarkable. The playability, intonation and tone makes every day a pleasant musical journey. I cannot say enough good things about Mark Campellone!

User Info Menu

15th fret neck/body joint and 22 frets on that 15" model look pretty sweet.

User Info Menu

Routing for built in pickups. Have you ever seen a neater kept workshop ?

New Campellone builds-c483853c-1160-49c4-8261-c633a2d9f733-jpegNew Campellone builds-7b881291-1d4d-4639-9e7e-eb1e7b9ce9c5-jpeg

User Info Menu

New batch now ready for their birthday suits.

New Campellone builds-9c15b6b8-9ff3-44b6-8006-c6c913d8a0e4-jpeg

User Info Menu

Can't wait to see all the different colors chosen! I wonder how many of those 6 are coming here?

User Info Menu

Sealer coat. Pop goes the quilt

New Campellone builds-img_0266-jpegNew Campellone builds-img_0267-jpeg

User Info Menu

That Cameo is something else! But I think the person getting that Special is going to be over the moon as well Absolutely stunning guitars!

User Info Menu

I know that anyone with a ticket on this train has to have hair follicles on their head ( if they have any) tingling with excitement in anticipation of the incredible journey that lies ahead waiting for its arrival!

User Info Menu

Cognac color applied to the Cameo.

New Campellone builds-img_0268-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Cognac color applied to the Cameo.

New Campellone builds-img_0268-jpeg
    Cognac is a good thing! (why does my head hurt?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WholeTone
    Vinny,

Reading your posts on this site helped me to look into Mark's work and he built me a Deluxe that is a marvel of beauty and function. It is an ARCHTOP, but the sustain is remarkable. The playability, intonation and tone makes every day a pleasant musical journey. I cannot say enough good things about Mark Campellone!
    It’s nice to see my bro getting acknowledged for his role and helping others share in the enjoyment that he didn’t exactly keep secret!
    Nice Job Whole tone. Enjoy that beauty forever.
    JD

User Info Menu

Amber burst on the Special

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    Amber burst on the Special
    Does not look like Amberburst to me.

User Info Menu

Interesting how much influence the Gibson L-5 has had over the years on the music that so many of us revere and enjoy!

Almost as interesting is how the general shape and features of the L-5 have influenced the current non-Gibson guitars being made. Just me, but in the archtop world, the L-5 is the most influential design that we are witnessing.

Full disclosure….I own an older L-5C.

Tom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Does not look like Amberburst to me.
    And yet....

User Info Menu

Mark’s amber burst is very similar to Gibson’s viceroy brown on the Tal Farlow IMO

New Campellone builds-img_0643-jpg

User Info Menu

Amberburst:
    Attached Images Attached Images New Campellone builds-1-copy-jpg New Campellone builds-2-20th-jpg New Campellone builds-3-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 06-03-2023 at 01:57 AM.

User Info Menu

You can call it fudgeamabucket for all I care. Those are beautiful guitars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

And yet....
    My apologies Hammer if this came off as rude, I didn't think it was rude at the time but looking back on it I think it may have come off that way. It was honestly never my intention. What I should have said was I asked for Amberburst on my guitar because I absolutely loved the orange on Mark's 20th Anniversary model, this is where it is today, and I am thrilled with it. Beyond thrilled, actually.

User Info Menu

No worries. I just thought it looked a bit more red around the edges. I realize there are some variations, and the pix/monitor screen have their own colour balance issues. The middle of the three examples I posted above looks a lot like yours, so, there you go. And I, too, would be thrilled.

User Info Menu

That middle one is the 20th Anniversary, and was the target

User Info Menu

That middle one is the 20th Anniversary, and was the target
    Right, the goal was to match the finish on the 20th Anniversary guitar and yes, it is slightly deeper in color than other amberbursts I've done. The color mix for the amberburst edge shading is always the same (3 brown to 1 red), but the final result can vary depending on how much of the tint is actually applied.

Doing a burst is pretty tricky and I admit to getting a little nervous each time I approach the job. If your movement slows even a little bit when applying the color, you end up with a darker spot - then you have to try to darken the rest to even things out. I've watched the painters doing bursts on the Gibson factory tour videos, and I'm just amazed at how quickly they work and how easy they make it look!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    .... Doing a burst is pretty tricky and I admit to getting a little nervous each time I approach the job. If your movement slows even a little bit when applying the color, you end up with a darker spot - then you have to try to darken the rest to even things out. I've watched the painters doing bursts on the Gibson factory tour videos, and I'm just amazed at how quickly they work and how easy they make it look!
    Of course, they do only that everyday and all day. And they don't have to be aware of the amount of work you've put into it by the time you get to finishing!

I'd like to thank you for participating here. I'm a woodworking guitar player and I really enjoy your input, photos of your shop, your jigs, and of course the pics of your instruments. How I'd love to own one some day.

(I find jigs to be a window into the mind of the builder. be careful what you post :-)