The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

Final stage before shipping, Wiring up jack through the soundhole. From Erich:
    “not gonna lie, it sounds amazing! Very pleased with amplified sound, natural with just a touch of reverb is the bomb!”

By “amplified” sound, he means Barbera transducer on the saddle.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Guitar Build (2 more months) Erich Solomon 8 string acoustic-70717498742__01cdaa8d-086f-465e-be44-0392076f4683-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Navdeep, the craftsmanship on that instrument is just beautiful. As is the whole aesthetic of it. I hope you'll grace us with the clip once you have it and have gotten adjusted to it. It looks like it probably sounds like a grand piano.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    Navdeep, the craftsmanship on that instrument is just beautiful. As is the whole aesthetic of it. I hope you'll grace us with the clip once you have it and have gotten adjusted to it. It looks like it probably sounds like a grand piano.
    For sure, I will. He said the sustain on this is really good, which makes it different per se than a typical arch top. It’s got walnut back and sides, which is used in bass guitar construction. He already makes archtops that kind of have a flat top quality to them.

User Info Menu

It’s here. This guitar is pretty damn incredible, very resonant right out of the box. . An electric guitar really covers up technical faults. An instrument like this, on the other hand, reveals the faults and inadequacies. There is no place to hide. All the great tones are the result of the guitar. All the faults are mine. This is making me aware that I have to step up my game and not be lazy about anything-technique, nails, right hand technique, right hand styles,etc. This guitar is more addictive than any one I’ve ever had.

One technical issue I have to be better at is to possibly use the thumb pick because the pic sounds better on the base notes and bass strings than the thumb. The thumb kind of dampens the tone a bit on the bass strings. It’s not the case with the top strings, as the fingers work great there. This means that my thumb technique is revealed to be inadequate. I can improve on it, but I think I’m going to use the Black Mountain thumb pic in lieu of the thumb, and keep on otherwise playing finger style.

Pics of the guitar do not do it justice. It’s a lot heavier than the original Solomon Imperial I had bought from Roger years ago. That guitar was comparatively light as a feather. This guitar is far more resonant and clear in all registers. I just have to improve my thumb technique so the bass strings don’t sound as muffled or use a thumb pick

Pics attached. The last pic is all four of my 8 string guitars, two electric guitars made by Victor Baker, the Solomon and the original Brahms guitar made by martin Woodhouse.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Guitar Build (2 more months) Erich Solomon 8 string acoustic-img_5492-jpg New Guitar Build (2 more months) Erich Solomon 8 string acoustic-img_5490-jpg New Guitar Build (2 more months) Erich Solomon 8 string acoustic-img_5494-jpg New Guitar Build (2 more months) Erich Solomon 8 string acoustic-img_5493-jpg New Guitar Build (2 more months) Erich Solomon 8 string acoustic-img_5488-jpg 

User Info Menu

Congratulations on your new guitar!

It's interesting to hear about the weight difference between your new guitar and the previous Solomon Imperial. And the attached pictures of your guitar collection are impressive.

User Info Menu

Wow, what an instrument(s).

It will be nice to hear videos of you playing some songs with the instrument.

User Info Menu

Hi, sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but do you have any videos of this beauty posted online? Or any of your other 8 strings for that matter?
    I am kind of intrigued by this kind of instrument but there isn’t a lot of info on them online, at least in a jazz context.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LeChuck
    Hi, sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but do you have any videos of this beauty posted online? Or any of your other 8 strings for that matter?
    I am kind of intrigued by this kind of instrument but there isn’t a lot of info on them online, at least in a jazz context.
    A few small things, first notes of the day. Here is a quick “Summertime” on the fretless guitar. I intend to start recording regularly, by the winter. I’ve got my recording studio set up, again, finally, after moving around and living in 6 different places since 2020 and moving cross country.

Navdeep Singh on Instagram: "Summertime! (Testing Victor Baker 8 sting fanned fretless T style guitar)"