The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

In the early 80's when I was first starting in instrument repair , a friend at work knew I was hot rodding my fretless bass and managed to get me an adjustable brass nut from Alembic as his older brother was dating ( later married ) Mica , the founders daughter and head of Artist Relations. She also lent me a bass demo ( painted turquoise!) that an artist rejected , I could pick it up at cost... The most amazing bass I've ever played. We had our first born on the way , so it was a hard NOT now

Time moves on , I started building instruments 24 years ago and have always held Alembic as my paradigm along with PRS and Benedetto . ( many more in the archtop world .. oh to be sure) As their least expensive no frills instrument is $11K I figured I'd never own one ... Until now ... It's a 1985 Persuader in Birdseye Maple. very similar to the one I played all those years ago .. just better .

I have 2 production basses 1 fretted , 1 fretless on the right , and the fretted and fretless I built on the left .. All the Basses are now covered . Back to Bassics - Alembic Persuader-bass-4-me-jpgBack to Bassics - Alembic Persuader-85-persuauder-birdesye-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Cool, but it needs way more knobs and switches - why not install a dozen or so and not actually connect them to anything. That would make it super-Alembicky. Alembickesque? Alembickish? Alembickoid?

User Info Menu

It will get an upgrade as it's 38 years old , they have a dual preamp /pan to replace the treble pickup pot and a master Vol.
    The P pickup is MUCH higher output ( a known issue) and this allows for better balance . I've got this arangement on several instruments I've built.

Pan Preamp