The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 52 of 52

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    That's too bad, we had the pleasure of having a French scent hound, the Briquet Griffon Vendeen, imported from France years ago to NY.
    The Griffons Vendeen (there are four versions of them) are known as "The Friendly Breed", and sure enough, the pup had the workers at JFK in love with him within minutes.
    When you own a hound, you become part of their pack for the rest of their lives, and he was part of our family for twelve wonderful years.

As they say about marriage, "If you want love, go out and buy a dog (preferably a Briquet)"
    When I worked at the AKC in NY in the 90's (running the computers) there were a few PBGVs in the office and they were lovely dogs. (I'm still partial to my Newfoundlands though.) You could bring your dog to work with you at the AKC, which was awesome

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    When I worked at the AKC in NY in the 90's (running the computers) there were a few PBGVs in the office and they were lovely dogs. (I'm still partial to my Newfoundlands though.) You could bring your dog to work with you at the AKC, which was awesome
    The PBGVs are basset versions of the Briquet.
    They're great pups, but they tend to bark more than the Briquets.
    We were at an outside dog show once, and we brought the Briquet.
    We heard barking from far away, and we see this little dog in the distance, running as fast as he could, right at us.
    It turned out to be a PBGV enthusiastically running up to greet the Briquet!

Their sense of smell is equal to any dog on the planet. There are you tube videos of a pack of briquets hunting boar, which are miles away from the pack..
    Newfies are great dogs also!