The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

I haven’t done a NGD in a long time, but I’ve got an incoming one that I’m super excited for. This guitar is something that came out of various with discussions with TK smith about early telecasters, NY era Epiphones, and Paul bigsby. After a lot of phone calls, texts, and emails we came up with a design that combines a lot of elements from different builds from the golden era.

That’s all I’ll say for now. I’m going to TK’s in a couple weeks to pick it up and I’ll do a full NGD post including video and more pics after that. All I can say is I’m insanely stoked for this guitar. Here are some teaser pics.

Incoming NGD TK Smith Custom Build-52d4d9a6-e573-493b-9942-1e4c977a56cc-jpgIncoming NGD TK Smith Custom Build-f6a1a79d-821d-415c-a879-a02ae62cab38-jpgIncoming NGD TK Smith Custom Build-3602a04b-509b-4adb-9926-e50f73492774-jpgIncoming NGD TK Smith Custom Build-52d4d9a6-e573-493b-9942-1e4c977a56cc-jpgIncoming NGD TK Smith Custom Build-f6a1a79d-821d-415c-a879-a02ae62cab38-jpgIncoming NGD TK Smith Custom Build-3602a04b-509b-4adb-9926-e50f73492774-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow, now I'm excited too!
    It looks phenomenal

User Info Menu

Wild! Love the color/wood! Looking forward to the vids!

Congrats!

Marc

User Info Menu

That is unbelievably cool. Wow, congrats!! Looking forward to hearing it.

User Info Menu

Very cool, Juan! Get your Paul Bigsby on!

User Info Menu

Massive fan. You have a beauty right there. Also, I am totally digging that pool table-esque interior of the case.

Welp. I went to TK's last Thursday to pick up the guitar and hang out for a bit.

All I can say is I'm completely floored by this guitar. It's like the best of all worlds. The tone is thick like an archtop, the body is extremely comfortable to play. The neck is INCREDIBLE (I measured my favorite neck and TK replicated it exactly). I've never had such an instant bond with an instrument, except maybe my D'Angelico.

(or if you prefer ig)

Incoming NGD TK Smith Custom Build-img_1620-jpgIncoming NGD TK Smith Custom Build-img_1614-jpgIncoming NGD TK Smith Custom Build-img_6728-jpg

I also have some "real" photos to share, but I'm waiting for the film to be developed and scanned.

User Info Menu

Can't believe there haven't been any replies to this yet!
    Seriously, that's gotta be one of the coolest guitars I've seen in a while, and it suits you perfectly!

I just assumed nobody noticed because it's not an L5. Thank you! I absolutely adore this guitar. I'll do a more in depth review soon.

User Info Menu

I first met TK Smith when we were playing the same festival in San Diego around 1995. He was one of the coolest rockabilly guitarists I'd ever heard and he got sounds that were just incredible from these weird pickup in his Tele. I asked him about those pickups and he told me that he had made them himself. I have no idea how he gets those sounds from his pickups but every one of his guitars seems to have it. It's a thick richness without sacrificing any high end and it's always very special. Congratulations on this guitar. It really is wonderful.

Wow! I LOVE it! Beautiful build aesthetics and the tone is first rate (those pickups!). What’s the scale length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Though I am a hollow body guy that is one super awesome and cool guitar. A huge Congrats ! Super sweet guitar.

Vinny, it IS a hollow body. That's part of the reason is sounds so amazing.

btw, I got a roll of film developed, here are some more photos. Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by David Dvorin
    Wow! I LOVE it! Beautiful build aesthetics and the tone is first rate (those pickups!). What’s the scale length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25.5"

User Info Menu

Perfection!

Telecasters are my favorite body style. Your guitar takes it to a whole new world… Love It!