The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Today marks the completion of the 600th Toob, a telescopic 12BT for Rotterdam-based jazz guitarist Philippe Lavoipierre. The order book is healthier than its keeper.

Some time ago I announced Guitars 'n Jazz in Summit, NJ, as our first NA dealership. Due to the store's relocation, things have been on a slow track. They have four different Metros on display in the by appointment only showroom, awaiting customer reactions for further action. Having sold 96 units to the US direct and taken none back, I know the customer reaction, as far as working musicians are concerned. Do get in touch with Lou Del Rosso if you're interested. But if you're in a hurry or want a 10"-12" Toob, dealing direct with me is still the fastest route.

In the meantime, a small, nimble reseller for Hong Kong and Taiwan has emerged. Six Metros already paid for. Yuu Soundojo is the name, I think.

Why resellers in the first place? Many smaller but prominent makers like Benedetto have skipped them altogether. I get constantly asked about a US dealer, so I thought why not, even if one smoke on the edge of a vast continent can't make all the difference. Packing each unit takes an hour, so shipping in bulk would be a blessing. There's over 11,000 e-mails accumulated over six years; a one-man operation would benefit from somebody else fielding the same questions over and over (the record is 112 messages with a Chinese chap who ended up buying a 200€ product.)

However, direct contact with musicians, great individuals, is what makes me tick. It also ensures a perfect match each time. Thanks again for the support!
    Attached Images Attached Images TOOB update-toob-12st-12bt-600-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I got the 6.5 from you a year or 2 back and I've never even tried it, it's still in the box. I had a SB US paid for to use with the TOOB but got a refund after waiting almost 9 months for it to be in stock. Now I'm thinking the SB may be too bright for my likes, plus I never play electrified at home anymore, gone all acoustic in my older years.

Good luck tho!

User Info Menu

Not planning on making a range of Toob amps
    At the moment then ?

[half joking]

User Info Menu

Seriously though Gitter , well done ! your speakers are excellent

To everyone , try your Toob upfiring on a gig sometime
    it works a treat

User Info Menu

Burt, good to hear from you. The Superblock shortage was an agonizing period. Many other clients opted for surrogate amps. I still have unused engines in factory boxes from my aeromodeling years 30+ years ago. However, your Metro BG+ Custom delivered in August 2021 is one-of-a-kind. Why not post it for sale here?

User Info Menu

Congrats, it's nice to see a very unique new product having success.

User Info Menu

I'm glad to report that Guitars 'n Jazz in Summit, NJ is now actively promoting Metros and has placed an order that, well, stretches our limits.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    I'm glad to report that Guitars 'n Jazz in Summit, NJ is now actively promoting Metros and has placed an order that, well, stretches our limits.
    One of those is on its way to me. I ordered as soon as you mentioned a US distro.