The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Never, that seems like an almost uniquely physically risky situation (for both people and instruments). I’d be afraid to bring my air guitar there. But I suspect it’s safe to say you’re not entirely against bringing your expensive stuff to some gigs, just not the ones inside a working clothes dryer.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Never, that seems like an almost uniquely physically risky situation (for both people and instruments). I’d be afraid to bring my air guitar there. But I suspect it’s safe to say you’re not entirely against bringing your expensive stuff to some gigs, just not the ones inside a working clothes dryer.
    You got that right, John! But it takes great care to keep things out of harm’s way, even on solo gigs with auditorium stages. I’ve seen people plop their instruments, suitcases and other large, heavy objects on guitar cases and bags lying closed on sofas, tables, floors etc on the erroneous assumption that there were no instruments in them. I’ve even seen a few people sit on cases that weren’t theirs.

I’ve also found a few people playing the guitars of musicians who’d left them on stands (or chairs or window sills) during a break. This is just wrong!

User Info Menu

This subject seems to keep popping up every now and again, and I always post the same replies:

With $6k+ of L-5CES Signature at ballpark:

We played several of these each Spring Training season for seven years, did 12 one season. Always used same guitar.

Restaurant Patio gig:

Guitar cost and use thoughts…-danny-birts-bistro-jpg

Concert on trailer stage:

Guitar cost and use thoughts…-10-dsc_4807-jpg

Church (secular concert):

Guitar cost and use thoughts…-sog-small_151-jpg

Another church:

Although I have everything insured most of it would be very difficult to replace, but I always gig with what I like to play.

Danny W.