The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

This Ribbecke Testadura, MK model, hasn't been getting enough play time lately. I go through phases where only the Halfling model gets my time, but man, this guitar really voices nicely. Here's a bit of free stuff I'm titlling "sub zero" in light of the arctic air moving into the region with forecast to reach -12F tonight.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very cool. (The guitar and your playing, not the weather.) Nice thick sound.

We're getting our cold temps today in the Buffalo area. It should reach you by the end of the day. Will be even colder by the time it gets to you.

The NWS has a yellow temp warning for us. Yours has a red one. I don't remember the NWS posting a red cold warning for this region before.

National Weather Service

National Weather Service
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 02-03-2023 at 01:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Guitar poetry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Guitar poetry!
    . Thank you!!

User Info Menu

Very nice playing Mark.
    Oh yeah, it's going to be -30F here on the coast of MA. Also, Mt Washington, NH could see -110F with winds above 150mph

Stay warm in NY

User Info Menu

You and that guitar were a perfect match. Keep each other warm! It certainly warmed me:

User Info Menu

Ribbecke-02081265-38a2-4ff3-84c1-1bc6c620a11b-png
    Quote Originally Posted by Strbender
    Very nice playing Mark.
    Oh yeah, it's going to be -30F here on the coast of MA. Also, Mt Washington, NH could see -110F with winds above 150mph

Stay warm in NY

User Info Menu

Very beautiful sound Mark, not to mention your virtuosity.

I had the opportunity for years - during the free time of endocrinology congresses all over the world- to visit and test the guitars of American, Canadian, European, Japanese luthiers.
    For me, thanks to Wexler who sold me in NY ten years ago the D'Aquisto New Yorker 18'’
    from 1989 ( before -last he created) that I finally found the best sound of an archtop that I had in my head

cheers
    Emil

User Info Menu

Beautiful Mark,

May I ask what your signal chain is ?

S

User Info Menu

Today here it's going from 0 to mid 20's in a few hours. Crazy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by emilP
    Very beautiful sound Mark, not to mention your virtuosity.

I had the opportunity for years - during the free time of endocrinology congresses all over the world- to visit and test the guitars of American, Canadian, European, Japanese luthiers.
    For me, thanks to Wexler who sold me in NY ten years ago the D'Aquisto New Yorker 18'’
    from 1989 ( before -last he created) that I finally found the best sound of an archtop that I had in my head

cheers
    Emil
    I didn’t really ever have a thing like a “sound in your head” and set off searching the world over to find it. I just stumbled along trial and error with an “I’ll know it when I hear it” approach.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SOLR
    Beautiful Mark,

May I ask what your signal chain is ?

S
    if you’re on Facebook it’s all here:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    if you’re on Facebook it’s all here:
    Ah ok thx

S

User Info Menu

Guitar Recording.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLR
    Ah ok thx

S
    try this

User Info Menu

For the record, I was just goofing, guitar looks great. In my book no instrument has any real "value" if it's not being played and enjoyed, being used for what it was designed and built to do.
    Wonderful playing as always Mark.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey02
    For the record, I was just goofing, guitar looks great. In my book no instrument has any real "value" if it's not being played and enjoyed, being used for what it was designed and built to do.
    Wonderful playing as always Mark.
    not sure what you’re referring to, but that is for the comment about your playing. That’s all it’s really for, I do agree.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    Thx Mark , much appreciated..

Sol
    Last edited by SOLR; 02-05-2023 at 02:04 PM.