The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Nlgd-guitar1-jpg

Nlgd-guitar2-jpg

Nlgd-guitar3-jpg

New Lego Guitar Day!

My daughter got me this for my birthday--which was 2 months ago, but she has been travelling a lot, so not able to get it to me til now. My kids know me very well!

It took well over 1.5 hours to complete the guitar while half-watching TV--hundreds of pieces, some of which are tiny. And some of which fell down the side of my recliner, requiring a delicate retrieval. I have not started on the amplifier yet, but it is similarly detailed.

I did not actually have Legos as a kid, but did have an interlocking block set that I used to build houses, forts, cars, etc. Plus of course an erector set, Lincoln Logs, etc. And I made tons of models, including cars, boats, military planes, horror movie figures, etc.

Yes it's kid stuff, but it is actually quite relaxing to do something like this. My GF and I put together a crazily difficult National Parks puzzle recently, which took several hours, therefore about 8 album sides and the same number of craft cocktails. ;-)

BTW, it's my first Strat. May not be my last, who knows?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    and the same number of craft cocktails. ;-)

User Info Menu

Did you have to shim the neck to get the action correct?
    Last edited by lammie200; 02-01-2023 at 11:01 AM.

User Info Menu

I made this one too! Super fun. Loved making the amp...

User Info Menu

Nlgd-cbb48819-c0f6-499f-a46c-14ca522f9e46-jpg

Nlgd-b7d99e47-b0c8-4512-9674-a270b343970d-jpg

Nlgd-64b6242e-f2db-4220-985f-7ab2431ee908-jpg

Nlgd-bcc7f2bd-1ada-4185-b55e-d235020bb19d-jpeg

User Info Menu

Lego is fun! NAMM 2019:
    Attached Images Attached Images Nlgd-namm19-fenderlego_4652-jpg 

User Info Menu

^^That’s cool!

It was so much fun I’m already looking for more Lego projects. Good thing I have a steady job, as these things (for adults) aren’t cheap.

Sadly, no other guitars. I would have done a Les Paul if they had it. They do have a jazz club scene, but no guitar.

I am thinking of cars now—fastback Mustang or Porsche 944. The Lego version is the only one I could ever own in this lifetime.

User Info Menu

BTW I think we as adults sometimes neglect our childish side. Yes I do more sophisticated hobbies like guitar and woodworking—made 30 pens in the last 2 weeks for a high school fundraiser—but sometimes a hard puzzle is just the ticket—relaxing and stimulating at the same time. Nothing bad happens if you “mess up.”

Next I might move back into GI Joes—had quite the collection as a kid—and my inner age will plummet to approximately 10. I might forget how to drive. Won’t lose interest in ladies though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    BTW I think we as adults sometimes neglect our childish side. Yes I do more sophisticated hobbies like guitar and woodworking—made 30 pens in the last 2 weeks for a high school fundraiser—but sometimes a hard puzzle is just the ticket—relaxing and stimulating at the same time. Nothing bad happens if you “mess up.”

Next I might move back into GI Joes—had quite the collection as a kid—and my inner age will plummet to approximately 10. I might forget how to drive. Won’t lose interest in ladies though.
    I recently pressed my guitar teacher with a bunch of "how do you know when to. . ." questions. He finally said, "Sometimes it takes child-like fooling around and seeing what sounds good."

It was liberating.

User Info Menu

The amp detail is amazing. I want this just for the amp!