The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I put together this nifty little pedalboard for my wife's amplified/electric violin. Simple for her to use.

First on the right is the vsound 2. It is a high tech processor with samples of about a dozen famous violins. Stravaris, Guarneris, etc. It makes any violin sound like them. Of course there is a bypass switch for a straight electric violin sound.

vsound

Next in the chain in the middle is a simple Mooer chorus pedal. Hit that and it turns the one violin into a full string section.

Last on the left is a classic Ibanez analog delay pedal. In combination with the pa/amp's reverb, it sounds like a glorious concert hall.

OT: Electric Violin Pedalboard-merrys-pedals-jpg

vsound

Last edited by Woody Sound; 01-29-2023 at 10:23 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I always want to avoid the classical sound on my electric but that seems neat. I run a older Zeta and use the same effects as the guitar and mando with different programing of course. My acoustic gets a preamp first as I run various transducers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier
    I always want to avoid the classical sound on my electric but that seems neat. I run a older Zeta and use the same effects as the guitar and mando with different programing of course. My acoustic gets a preamp first as I run various transducers.
    Yeah, now I'd like to get her to start experimenting with the real processed electric sounds, a la Ponty, etc. There's room on the Pedaltrain-Nano for another pedal, maybe 2 if they're minis. And I could always get a mini delay pedal to possibly make even more room, but I think 2 more would still be the limit. I just have to figure out what to try. Maybe some kind of grit or light distortion. And I always thought an octave pedal might sound cool with electric violin.
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 01-30-2023 at 12:15 AM.

User Info Menu

Lots of the old analog Ponty is parallel processing with things like phaser,echoplex etc...digital he went rack mount. Grit and grind is great but takes trial as the sound is so different than guitar.

BTW, we are in Western NY. My sister in Law just happens to live in Durham NC, where the famous Electric Violin Shop is. We always pay a visit when we visit her. That's where we bought the vsound pedal. We drool in there.

User Info Menu

Fun stuff! I've seen their site but am in the PNW so need a good excuse to go there. My main violin is a 5 string Zeta Jazz from way back. Others are 5 too, I'm always grabbing for the missing C string on the acoustic.... Been a long time with 5, turned a inexpensive 6 into the octave Cello/Bass with the special strings. Took some work plus the expensive strings.... Laugh every time I hear guitarists complain.

User Info Menu

My friend and collaborator Richard Jones uses a standard Boss multi FX for everything. His hero is Didier Lockwood and he gets a similar tone.

User Info Menu

I haven't thought about Didier in awhile, he left too soon. One always expects jazz violinists to go on as long as Grappeli and Venuti. I liked "Rhythm and BLU with John Blake, Didier Lockwood and Michel Urbaniak.

User Info Menu

I have 2 5 strings , a Realist and a Yamaha . I run them through a Radial Triaxis tube pre amp into TC stereo chorus , the dry signal goes to a TRex quint Octave pedal set to one Octave down with a bit of 5th then to a GK 800 Fusion bass amp , the wet signal to a 300 w Mesa Rosette. This gives me the full range of Cello to violin and it sounds HUGE . No more trying to compete with other instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    I have 2 5 strings , a Realist and a Yamaha . I run them through a Radial Triaxis tube pre amp into TC stereo chorus , the dry signal goes to a TRex quint Octave pedal set to one Octave down with a bit of 5th then to a GK 800 Fusion bass amp , the wet signal to a 300 w Mesa Rosette. This gives me the full range of Cello to violin and it sounds HUGE . No more trying to compete with other instruments.
    Sounds like a great setup.