The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Today, I replaced the Korean made neck that I used to build my Black Partscaster Strat with a Fender neck (It is a Mexican made Player's Strat neck made in 2021). The Korean Neck (Made by Yamaha) had some volume loss in the upper frets. This Fender neck feels great with it's modern C profile, medium Jumbo Frets and 9.5 radius. I used Fender Vintage Modern Tuners with this new neck (the two pin tuners that fit the Korean necks are different from the 2 pin tuners used on American and Mexican made Fender necks). It tunes up real well with the 18 to 1 gear ratio. No volume loss in the upper frets. I am now a happy camper. If at first you don't succeed........

Thanks again to Forum member Lammie from San Francisco for a great deal on the Warmouth Body that I used in this build. And his suggestion to try some noiseless pickups was a good one. I went with Fender's latest generation Vintage Noiseless and they sound great! NND New Neck day (and a good one)-blackie-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Good looking neck and build! I played those vintage noiseless pickups a couple months ago and they are really great. Very full bodied neck pickup. I’ve recently come to love strats for jazz.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    Good looking neck and build! I played those vintage noiseless pickups a couple months ago and they are really great. Very full bodied neck pickup. I’ve recently come to love strats for jazz.
    I am getting great jazz tones out of the neck pickup and the combination of the neck and middle pickup on this guitar.

Strats for jazz? You bet. I dig Teles and Lesters, but I think Leo hit it out of the ballpark with the Stratocaster. IMO, the Strat is the ultimate solid body guitar and being that it is the best selling electric guitar ever, it seems lots of folks agree with me.