The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Here's a weird frustrating one. I ordered a wood pickguard from Amazon. I received the message "Package was left inside resident's mailbox." 9:41 today. I immediately went out to get it. Nothing there. Our mail slot goes directly into the closed garage. I looked all around the slot, inside and outside. The only option on the order's "Problem - item not received" page is to contact the seller and wait 48 hrs. It's obviously not the seller's fault. It also says "This order is not eligible for a refund because it has already been delivered." There is no text box to describe the issue, just multiple choices. I have no idea what to do. It was a USPS delivery.
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 01-27-2023 at 08:10 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Having never had this sort of problem in the past, recently I had two such situations. One happened last week. The VA sends my medications via USPS and I get email notification when it ships and when it is delivered. When I got the email notice that it had been delivered, I checked and it was not there. Fortunately, I contacted my doctor and he sent another package that did arrive.

A couple of months ago, I ordered a chess computer for a west coast dealer. It was shipped via FEDEX with signature required on delivery. It was delivered to the wrong address and somebody there with the same last name signed for it. Again, fortunately, that person realize his mistake and got FEDEX to pick it up and deliver it to me. The box was unopened.

I consider myself fortunate in both cases since each situation was rectified, but it is a bit of a concern that suddenly this kind of thing is becoming more commonplace for some reason.

Tony

I'm thinking I should go over to the post office tomorrow. Our mail carrier is a young guy who has done a few goofy things. Real nice young guy, but goofy. (I edited the title to reflect all parties.)

User Info Menu

Speaking from experience, you could try calling customer service but i doubt you will get any satsfaction.Just wait to see what the seller says and if he will not send a replacement than contact your credit card company and see if they will reimbusre you.That's about all you can do.

User Info Menu

With the chess computer I mentioned earlier, I called the seller and they were all over it, immediately starting a trace. They said they would keep me in the loop until the situation was resolved. Fortunately, a day or to later, the package showed up as per my earlier email.

Some sellers are really good about this stuff while others probably prefer that you as the customer deal with it.

That seller was Chess House in Washington state and I would recommend them due to the way they treated me and that situation.

Tony

User Info Menu

This has happened to me. You must call and talk to Amazon customer service. They will refund you immediately.

It gets more bizarre. I did NOT contact the seller yet, I was going to go to the P.O. tomorrow. Then I just received this:

"Thank you for contacting us and we're sorry to hear of the issues with delivery. Unfortunately, we frequently see packages marked as delivered prior to their actual arrival. We be happy to have a replacement sent out as necessary, however, we kindly ask if we could await the end of the estimated delivery window of the 30th to ensure this does not arrive. Just keep us posted and we will have this addressed further as necessary.

We will be standing by for more info.

Best regards,"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Unfortunately, we frequently see packages marked as delivered prior to their actual arrival.
    This has happened to me several times. Things get marked as delivered, but don't actually show up for a day or two. I don't know why, but I suspect it may be drivers under a lot of pressure to make deadlines pulling a little cya move or being a little overly-optimistic about their delivery schedule. I know some of those guys work incredibly hard and aren't treated very well by the company.

Of course, I have no idea what's going on in your case. I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    I don't know why, but I suspect it may be drivers under a lot of pressure to make deadlines pulling a little cya move or being a little overly-optimistic about their delivery schedule. I know some of those guys work incredibly hard and

*aren't treated very well by the company.*
    This is USPS, I don't think that's the case.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound;[URL="tel:1245323"
    1245323[/URL]]It gets more bizarre. I did NOT contact the seller yet, I was going to go to the P.O. tomorrow. Then I just received this:

"Thank you for contacting us and we're sorry to hear of the issues with delivery. Unfortunately, we frequently see packages marked as delivered prior to their actual arrival. We be happy to have a replacement sent out as necessary, however, we kindly ask if we could await the end of the estimated delivery window of the 30th to ensure this does not arrive. Just keep us posted and we will have this addressed further as necessary.

We will be standing by for more info.

Best regards,"
    I've had this happen to me more than once--it's always shown up within the next two delivery days. We have all our mail delivery-scanned and get an email from USPS every day showing what's out for delivery. It's not unusual to have something actually delivered the day after.

Danny W.
    Last edited by Danny W.; 01-27-2023 at 11:34 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    This has happened to me. You must call and talk to Amazon customer service. They will refund you immediately.

Same here.

User Info Menu

I had a weird one last week. I use Informed Delivery, which is a USPS online tool to show you the mail coming to you. It gives scanned images of letter-sized envelopes, and a separate section for packages. It allows tracking from the time a shipping label is printed to delivery. It showed a package with tracking on the way to my address, which I had no prior knowledge of. All my purchases coming were accounted for, and I couldn't tell who sent it. I checked with family members, who all denied sending me anything. It showed the package enroute, at the local PO, and out for delivery, along with two other packages that I was expecting. I got a notice of delivery, got home about a half hour later, checked the mailbox, and only the two packages I had been expecting were there. I used the USPS online missing package notification, and a day or two later got a call from the local PO. I was told that the package was scanned as delivered, in front of my house, and apparently the system uses GPS to determine when and where packages are scanned as delivered. Since it was scanned in the right place, they had no intention of doing anything else. Maybe someone took it out of the mailbox before I got there, but why leave two other small packages and take only one? They did say that it should have been about 1.5 pounds, but no other information. It's still a mystery to me. The package is still missing, and I have no idea what it was nor who sent it. Without that information, no one has much to go on.

I am wondering why they wrote "Thank you for contacting us" when I didn't. And how did they get my email address? Maybe Azn contacted them on their own.
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 01-28-2023 at 10:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Last month I sent some funds via my checking account BillPay. The first 2 payments doing this method were successful, but the third one never arrived. I had to stop payment and do a wire transfer ( $30. )
    The only excuse I did not hear from the bank was global warming, otherwise I got the usual ' supply chain', Post Office delays due to personnel shortages, weather, etc etc etc..... Ah yes the infamous Post Office....

Of course I'd mailed and shipped over a dozen packages and letters all over Conus last month, which all thankfully arrived. The only one which didn't arrive was a lone bank payment for which the bank doesn't collect a fee.....Hmmm.....

I kept thinking of that old expression - -" You do know what they say about excuses, right - - - - ? "