The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi everyone.

Here is the second Hagstrom Jimmy I purchased this week.
    This one is the oval hole variation produced from 1977 to 1979.
    A somewhat rare guitar in what seems to be like new condition.

Here is a video of the unboxing.

I will make a video over the next few days on both Jimmy’s together.

For now I only have this pic.

Like New 1977 Hagstrom ‘Jimmy’ Oval Hole.-2d3ee2e0-ca8f-41d7-85a2-685b2eea05cd-jpg

A special mention to Frets Guitar Centre who accurately described the guitar, it’s condition and was a general pleasure to deal with.

5 stars!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice looking guitars. Looks fun and ready to be played.

User Info Menu

I remember these from my youth. Way above my then purchasing power, but also kind of non-vibrant compared to the contemporary 16" Gibsons and even larger Levins. From today's vantage point: simply more electric. Samples show up here every once in a while, but not in such a gorgeous condition as yours. The story is great, but how do you find them as instruments?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    I remember these from my youth. Way above my then purchasing power, but also kind of non-vibrant compared to the contemporary 16" Gibsons and even larger Levins. From today's vantage point: simply more electric. Samples show up here every once in a while, but not in such a gorgeous condition as yours. The story is great, but how do you find them as instruments?
    In fairness they remind me very much of the Matsumoto stuff coming out of Aria in the late'ish 70's.
    Nothing to right home about but a very nice piece of archtop history that ties in the James D'aquisto in ways that might surprise you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopHeaven
    Hi everyone.

Here is the second Hagstrom Jimmy I purchased this week.
    This one is the oval hole variation produced from 1977 to 1979.
    A somewhat rare guitar in what seems to be like new condition.

Here is a video of the unboxing.

I will make a video over the next few days on both Jimmy’s together.

For now I only have this pic.

Like New 1977 Hagstrom ‘Jimmy’ Oval Hole.-2d3ee2e0-ca8f-41d7-85a2-685b2eea05cd-jpg

A special mention to Frets Guitar Centre who accurately described the guitar, it’s condition and was a general pleasure to deal with.

5 stars!
    I still can't get enough of these guitars. So beautiful.