The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

The bridge? If you're thinking about routing a new slot, that's not really feasible on a classical guitar, and undoubtedly an expensive operation. I'll probably have to find an improvement for my kludgy compensated nut. Although keeping a nicely visible patch like this will make every public appearance of the instrument an honest bit of advertisement for the brand. I might even paint it with a fluo colour

Here's a good illustration of how I think of the guitar (and all the high spots my rocker found)
    Cordoba Fusion: QC & customer support ... lack thereof-high-spots-cordobafusion14maple-png

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I yesterday, came across a Cordoba Fussion 14. I played it.

The fret ends were sticking out of the neck so much as to make it a useful saw.

I understand it is not really expensive but IDK, I did not like it. It did not sound bad, but it sounded about at its’ price point.

Even though I am playing a lot of my nylon guitar right now, I would not consider myself too knowledgeable about classical guitars.

If I was going to buy another nylon guitar, my intuition tells me to step up a notch from the fussion 14 level and avoid Cordoba. The reason is that either the neck has shrunk, (thus letting the fret end rip into my hand), or it was not built well. I assume the latter. Granted the price does not demand a premium build, but it demands playability.

These are just my thoughts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by st.bede
    I yesterday, came across a Cordoba Fussion 14.
    [...]
    Granted the price does not demand a premium build, but it demands playability.
    Freudian slip, the Cordoba series to be fussy about (because they are not)?