The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've been on the hunt for a nice electric for quiet a while now.
    With my main band we're really into 1920s-1940s Swing, and after only playing acoustic rhythm guitar for many years I've been experimenting with some Charlie Christian-style stuff for the last two years.

I've been looking for a non-cutaway archtop with a Single coil neck pickup.
    I really wanted to like the Loars, but I just can't stand the necks on them. Same for the Gretsch New Yorker. I didn't really feel inspired by the Godins, and finding an ES-125 for a reasonable price is pretty tough in Europe.

Then last week on ebay classifieds I found this beauty that checked all the boxes:
    Eastman AR 405E-whatsapp-image-2023-01-23-22-40-01-1-jpeg

It's got that 40s tone in spades, and sounds phenomenal through my Jr. Barnyard.
    This is my first single coil guitar, and so far I really like the P-90! It's super comfortable to play with a nice low action, but actually I'm looking forward to restringing it. There are still the .09s on it that the previous owner preferred, which are way too thin for my liking. Got some thick monels coming that should work really well on it!

I also think it's super cool, that it basically is the little sister of my acoustic:
    Eastman AR 405E-whatsapp-image-2023-01-23-22-40-01-jpeg
    Last edited by Webby; 01-23-2023 at 07:24 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sure do like the looks of those 2.

I recently played my first gig with that guitar, and thanks to the new instagram plugin, I can actually share a clip with you:

That guitar feels soooooo good, and I feel happy everytime I pick it up. Guess that's how it should be!

Paul