The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Has anyone here bought or sold anything via Etsy? Pros or cons? I just signed up for an account.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sure, as a buyer you can find lots of great stuff just be aware there are lots of things being sold as hand made in the US or whatever that are actually factory pumped out. There’s a good bit of interesting products made for every hobby and niche though.

I’ve not sold anything personally but from what I’ve heard it’s similar to reverb, eBay, etc where the fees are pretty rough.

I was looking at a fancy wooden truss rod cover. The seller has great reviews, and he replied to me in just minutes on a Sunday.

User Info Menu

Etsy is the parent company of reverb. Not just the same business model; literally the same business. They acquired them in 2019. I have the same level of trust/suspicion of accounts on etsy as I do of those on reverb.

User Info Menu

Good call Juan. I'd forgotten about that.

User Info Menu

I've purchased a number of items off Etsy, and I've been 100% satisfied with them. When I'm looking for "vintage" or "handmade" or something that doesn't fit the standard Amazon-Kmart-Walmart shopping experience, I check Etsy.

When I'm doing this, I also find myself going to eBay, where I can find similar items.

But I've never bought guitar gear from Etsy. I have from eBay.

User Info Menu

Another fan of Etsy. My gal is an artist who’s sold a few items there. I’ve purchased several high end hand made Chess boards, made from Walnut, Maple, and Purpleheart.

Etsy?-9707ceab-86b7-42cb-aa3b-249844380047-jpeg

The items were as world class, with the finishing as fine as any guitar! Frankly, there are individuals with first class wood skills there. And each item is fully guaranteed, unlike Reverb. So yes, I’m an Etsy fanboy!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop

Etsy?-9707ceab-86b7-42cb-aa3b-249844380047-jpeg
    That is beautiful. Do you have pieces that sorta match?
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 01-27-2023 at 02:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Just Fred
    I've purchased a number of items off Etsy, and I've been 100% satisfied with them. When I'm looking for "vintage" or "handmade" or something that doesn't fit the standard Amazon-Kmart-Walmart shopping experience, I check Etsy.
    This, though in my case it'd be Amazon/eBay/Aliexpress

User Info Menu

I've bought a few things off Etsy, no problems so far, other than one guy who turned out to be an asshole, but you can find those anywhere. Sort of an ebay for products not made in China.

User Info Menu

Last thing I bought there seemed like it was made by someone in Germany but that turned out to be Turkey. Not really China, just another far-away, cheap-labour country with questionnable politics. (I mean, when we object to things being made in China it's not about the individual people who do the actual work, right...)

User Info Menu

When I object to things made in China, it is about the forced labour of Uyghur people.