The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Thanks to all here that helped me navigate through the decision making process. Aftermarket bridge installed. Sale included original.
    Pics (too many) as promised.

Last edited by markb; 01-20-2023 at 09:26 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Great guitar. I have owned a Sadowsky Jim Hall and a Benedetto Bravo, both similar but prefer the Elite which I still own. Mine is from 85 and in blonde.
    The pickup is very similar to the B6 from Benedetto. Very powerful but somehow acoustic sounding. Not like a PAF. I really like it but it s not for everyone. You can experiment putting it farer away from the strings which I did.
    Enjoy it.

User Info Menu

Also try the original bridge which is great and looks better.

User Info Menu

I have always liked these guitars and that's a great looking example.

I'll try the original bridge with the next string change. I must say I like the brighter tone and better intonation with the metal roller saddles though. Agree it looks a bit "off". What strings/gauge do you like on yours? I have an unusual set on mine. A set of .010" flats with a .015 B and a .013 E.

User Info Menu

Jealous. Beautiful, rare, historical, and inspiring. Make music. Really glad you went for it. I have a feeling you won't be sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    Jealous. Beautiful, rare, historical, and inspiring. Make music. Really glad you went for it. I have a feeling you won't be sorry
    Thank you, Jimmy b n. It's hard to put down. Inspiring indeed.

User Info Menu

Classic 16" design with a few unique twists. Always liked the f-holes and pickguard. And a nice sunburst shade too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    Thanks to all here that helped me navigate through the decision making process. Aftermarket bridge installed. Sale included original.
    Pics (too many) as promised.

Nice looking guitar, congrats mate.

User Info Menu

I use a 12-52 Elixir Roundwounds, and with a 13 and 17 for the upper strings- works great because of the short scale.
    For using the original bridge with good intonation you need a wound g.
    Enjoy it!