The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I’ have never really seen this on this message board. But I think this is the best amp and powered speaker. Taylor Roberts told me about it he uses it professionally. It’s a two channel amp, one perfect for acoustic instruments and the other one with little tubes to emulate a fender black face amp.

Personally, I think channel 1 is perfect for archtops. The sound is so clear and warm and balanced, way better than any other amp I’ve ever used. It gets an amazing bass sound.

The engineer, James May, who has designed some really cool pedals and probably the best Piazzo Mic, help Mr. Buscarino with some engineering and consulting on this. I visited Mr.May about a year ago as he lives in grass Valley California in the Sierras he installed one of his pick ups on my Brahms guitar.

Listen for yourself, this is from Buscarino’s site: the first sound sample is an acoustic flat top using the channel 1; the second sound sample is a singer and an archtop using both channels; the third sample is a backing track with an electric Funk guitar using both channels; the fourth sample is a brief classical guitar on channel 1.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sounds terrific!

User Info Menu

It costs $3000.. His guitars sound incredible, i've played the nylon string one (Starlight i believe), and it was phenomenal.

User Info Menu

the dvmark raw dawg sounds very similar and is 250w, $399USD...

the 60w one featured in this video is between $250-$299

User Info Menu

That sounds nice, Jack. Thanks for posting.

What I like about Buscarino’s system is that it is one -stop shopping for all kinds of guitars, acoustic to electric, with the two channels. The natural sounds of nylon or steel string acoustic sound great.

Check out the 2nd video-the amplified, electric sound of his classical guitar with James May’s Ultratonic pick up into the Chameleon.

The UltaTonic pick up is the best I’ve tried, better than the bulky DPA mic you have to attach to the guitar. I still have my DPA mic somewhere.

User Info Menu

Congratulations…

I know John well and we have become friends over the years (I own three instruments by him and his older passive 8” speaker).

John is a perfectionist, has a keen ear, and understands the durability requirements of the working musician. John will not only focus on the design but will partner with the very best in electronics/firmware/software design, sheet metal enclosures, speaker and cabinet manufacturer partners to create a product.

Products like this are also long-term personal projects for John where he is trying to meet what he perceives is an unmet need (e.g., a light weight, sonically flexible, durable amp/speaker that captures some of the euphonic goodness of a tube amp). These are high quality, low manufacturing volume products that as a result cost a premium. Additionally, he is an honest, transparent person to do business with.

My $.02

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    Congratulations…

I know John well and we have become friends over the years (I own three instruments by him and his older passive 8” speaker).

John is a perfectionist, has a keen ear, and understands the durability requirements of the working musician. John will not only focus on the design but will partner with the very best in electronics/firmware/software design, sheet metal enclosures, speaker and cabinet manufacturer partners to create a product.

Products like this are also long-term personal projects for John where he is trying to meet what he perceives is an unmet need (e.g., a light weight, sonically flexible, durable amp/speaker that captures some of the euphonic goodness of a tube amp). These are high quality, low manufacturing volume products that as a result cost a premium. Additionally, he is an honest, transparent person to do business with.

My $.02
    I’ve talked to him several times. Very nice man, and as you describe him. He stands by his instruments. I actually own two of the older passive Buscarino cabs they are great. I got them from a friend of mine who is unloading gear as part of a divorce. I tried to get him to sell me his seven string Buscarino, classical guitar, but nope, that one is staying.

Ironically, he wants those cabs back now and he’s trying to sell his $5000 Italian tube amp. It is a It is an Alessandro bloodhound. There are amps, that cost a lot more than this but can’t deliver what this compact system gives you.

I can’ believe how ideal, versatile, and well sounding this new amp is. I could carry it all, with my guitar and walk anywhere. I can use it for my classical nylon string. I can use it for my jazz box. It sounds great, balanced, clear, warm. And it has the MOST BASS response of any amp I’ve ever used.

He only makes a few a year. I’m thankful for Taylor Roberts’ enthusiasm. He came to California to play a private gig at Big Sur, and I let him use my Buscarino Chamelon. Nice guy, too.

User Info Menu

Here is the amp in action, in a solo guitar format, in a performance space, by Taylor, playing a Stevie Wonder medley . SOUNDS GREAT.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    the dvmark raw dawg sounds very similar and is 250w, $399USD...

the 60w one featured in this video is between $250-$299

No offence but, must be something veryyyyy wrong with my headphones or my ears..this does not sound anything like the Buscarino Chamelon linked above or on the Taylor video. However, the playing is tops in both links..

S

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NSJ
    Here is the amp in action, in a solo guitar format, in a performance space, by Taylor, playing a Stevie Wonder medley . SOUNDS GREAT.

Great sounding amp, followed by a fabulous Stevie Wonder medley!