The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've been recording with this guitar for about 6 weeks, finally hoping to get that follow up album done (just 10 years and endless attempts later than planned). It's been all original material. This one is a swing blues that I came up with a few years ago called Ellis Avenue Bypass. It went down in one take this afternoon. It's not perfect but it's a nice start and I think the guitar sounds glorious.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Playing is great and the recorded tone is excellent—nicely balanced with no boominess or shrillness.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    Playing is great and the recorded tone is excellent—nicely balanced with no boominess or shrillness.
    Thanks. After 8 weeks or so with this guitar it feels remarkably like home right now. It's been a constructive time with it. I started, once again, to get a new album recorded only using the prototype. Fairly early in the process I decided to make it all original material and it's come a log way since then. If I get this one finished today, I'll have eight sons in the can, all played on one pickup of one guitar.

User Info Menu

Sounds great, Jim - and so does the guitar! The clear definition of every note among your tight intervals is very impressive - I suspect it helps make your composition sound better (and more like you heard it in your head when you wrote it) than it will on lesser instruments.

User Info Menu

Sounding very professional there Jim! I can’t believe how warm that guitar sounds!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Sounding very professional there Jim! I can’t believe how warm that guitar sounds!
    Thanks Greg. I've made recording a basic part of my daily routine for quite a while now. It's become very rare for a day to go by in which I don't do at least some recording, even if it's just to test something. I feel like it's really paid off both in my production and in my playing. I've learned to remove my ego a bit and recognize my limitations. Sometimes simplifying my playing when it's the right path forward and I only get that information from recording. I've also found a workable method of recording and put together a really nice set of tools that allow me to overcome my lack of either a studio or a lot of hardware. (And most of those tools were free! It's amazing the quality of free legal software that's available)
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 12-10-2022 at 10:40 PM.