The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 27 of 27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkritter
    Jason are you using double ball, or did you convert to ‘normal’?

Steinberger String Adapters Headpiece - Headless Hohner Cort - Bass or Guitar | eBay
    Good question....I almost forgot about that as I've had them both for several years. I bought adapters (different than the link you shared...it supports both double and single ball... STEINBERGER - JCustom Guitar Combo Headpiece - HeadlessUSA ) for both of them so I could put on 12 gauge flat wounds and they work great.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alltunes
    The original travel guitar

Erlewine Guitars | Chiquita Travel Guitar

I bought one over 30 years ago; sold it about 10 years ago wish I wish still had it. Decent sounding humbucker with a coil tap. Some intonation issues especially on the low E up the neck.

I’ve been using a Rainsong parlor guitar 12 fret. Fits in the overhead no problem. Not silent though.

I’ve brought a Yamaha GL1 guitalele on trips which helps scratch the itch but obviously not
    the same as practicing on a real guitar.

The Washburn Rover is surprisingly playable and not too loud but it is acoustic.

Amazon.com
    I had a Rover. I wouldn’t recommend it. Neither fish nor fowl. It is not well balanced so requires playing with a strap. Thin sound.

If you are going to go for a flattop acoustic with a full-size neck for travel, the Voyage Air is the way to go, IMO.