The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Popping in to say that I played one of these at my local Mom & Pop shop this weekend. I'm looking through the closet for trade material now.

I play 90% fingerstyle and, these days, mostly classical guitar, so I was digging the Stage played through a Fishman Loudbox. Lots of string noise through the amp, but if that can be tamed this guitar is a winner for the way I play.

If anyone in New England wants to buy my lightly used Godin Kingpin II w/ P-90s today, I can buy the Staqe tonight. 8-)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Neverisky
    Popping in to say that I played one of these at my local Mom & Pop shop this weekend. I'm looking through the closet for trade material now.

I play 90% fingerstyle and, these days, mostly classical guitar, so I was digging the Stage played through a Fishman Loudbox. Lots of string noise through the amp, but if that can be tamed this guitar is a winner for the way I play.

If anyone in New England wants to buy my lightly used Godin Kingpin II w/ P-90s today, I can buy the Staqe tonight. 8-)
    Ironic since I have my eye on a Godin 2 locally as well...

I have a Fishman Artist. I found that turning the treble and tweeter settings down to about 11 o'clock on each made a big improvement, also keeping the undersaddle/body mix on the guitar about 50%. The body pickups add to the warmth and body of the tone, but do seem to increase string and ambient noise (whereas the US pickup has a bit of that annoying piezo click). I am still playing around with the settings.

I also ordered some La Bella polished strings, which should help.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alder Statesman
    After polishing the frets I just restrung mine with D’Addario Pro Artè EJ-46’s. I prefer harder tension and the new strings added some crispness to the tone. I assume the guitar came with Salvarez normal tension, but I could be wrong.
    According to the spec sheet they are Savarez Alliance /Cantiga High Tension 510AJ.

User Info Menu

A steal at $700 shipped, brand new, on Reverb! Time to get your Nova groove on!

Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 05-22-2023 at 02:51 PM.

User Info Menu

Is there enough saddle that you can get the action really low? I mean, like, Jerry Reed rattling low? Of course, he used the lightest flamenco strings he could find but I like that sound sometimes if I'm playing (or trying to play) his stuff.

Update: just pulled the trigger from Sweetwater - should be here in a couple days. I looked at these when they first came out but was not enamored with the red burst but the antique amber is drop dead gorgeous. Pics when it gets here.
    Last edited by Skip Ellis; 05-22-2023 at 04:15 PM.