The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Should arrive tomorrow. Pulled the trigger on the 36 month promo after lusuting after a good 335 for while. Hope it lives up to the hype.
    Attached Images Attached Images Inspired by Gibson Epiphone ES-335-090d82f3-289e-44ca-ae5e-149b03278526-jpeg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think those new Epi 335s are very sharp looking. Hope it sounds and plays as good as it looks.

It arrived about an hour ago. Now just have to let it acclimate before opening it up to check it out. Unless I can’t.

User Info Menu

Nice top, in that photo! I hope yours is equally nice.

Let us know. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Mack
    Nice top, in that photo! I hope yours is equally nice.

Let us know. Thanks
    Thank you. Thats the pic of the actual guitar. One of the nice little perks of Sweetwater is the pics they send of the guitar before they ship. Wasn’t even aware they did that. I’ll find out when I open it tomorrow.

Well the unboxing went well and it looks great and has a fantastic neck. Fit and finish is as good as I’d hoped. Gonna swap the rounds out for some flats as is my preference but it feels really good on first strike. Surprisingly it feels like a much smaller guitar than I expected. Tomorrow I’ll plug it in and see how it sounds. Really impressed with the build quality at the price point based on the feel and appearance so far.

I can’t believe I haven’t tried a 335 before now. The proportions and feel just “fit” for me. Playing is super comfortable and did I mention how great the neck is? I’ve had several $500ish Ibanez, Godin and an Epi 175 that I thought were all very good but this 335 is really impressing me. This is leaps and bounds over the Epi LP and 175 I had. Hard to believe this is a guitar that retails for $600.