The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I suspect this question displays that i didn't get my dad's electrical engineering genes, but i've been unable to find this out in searches.

It is a pain to unplug the cord from my Slaman nylon, and even from the input to the RMC pictured above from their site. The Slaman has no battery in it; the rmc unit does, and i think the battery only drains when i have the 1/4 inch cable plugged into the mono out. I understand i can use phantom power, but i'm not---only the 9V in the unit. The 13 pin cord doesn't draw power, does it? only the 1/4 inch out to the amp? thanks for the help.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi, I've had that system once and it is indeed a pain to plug and unplug. If I ever get a flattop with a pickup system I'll get one with a regular jack system, for sure (I don't think these days RMC sound that much better than regular pickups).

As for your question, if I remember correctly, it's the opposite. It drwas battery if the input is plugged in, regardless of output. But it was a long time ago, so I may be wrong. All my other battery pedals work that way, they drain battery if the input is plugged, regardless of the output.

User Info Menu

From their website:
    Attached Images Attached Images RMC Poly-Drive II Question-polydriveii2-gif 

Quote Originally Posted by Ukena
    From their website:
    Yes, that is what i thought. Tnx so much for the help.