The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

I just purchased an Andersen Streamline 16 in satin lacquer. 5.03lb weight

I love both the acoustic and electric sound. The prior owner replaced the original pickup with a Pete Biltoft humbucker.
    I would like to gig with the guitar, but I am a bit afraid of hurting her.

I have some photos and a short video.

Regards,

Charley

Andersen Streamline 16-andersen-front-jpgAttachment 96648Andersen Streamline 16-andersen-back-jpgAttachment 96652Attachment 96653
    Attached Images Attached Images Andersen Streamline 16-andersen-back-headstock-jpg Andersen Streamline 16-andersen-front-headstock-jpg Andersen Streamline 16-andersen-side-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sounds very good (and that's a great tune). The clip is all acoustic, right? How does it sound plugged in? Congrats!

User Info Menu

A Steve Andersen archtop is top shelf! A 16" is on my list of favorites! Some day.

Congratulations. I've played a few of them and loved every one. I'm sure it's amazing.

User Info Menu

Sounds just as good as it looks, Charley. Happy you snagged it up, and thanks for sharing with us!

User Info Menu

Digging the soundhole binding.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984
    Sounds very good (and that's a great tune). The clip is all acoustic, right? How does it sound plugged in? Congrats!
    Actually, it's both. I had a mic on the amp and 10 feet away from where I sat I had a mic on the guitar. Since the recording is in stereo, one channel is mostly acoustic and the other mostly electric...thus a blend.

--Charley

User Info Menu

Gorgeous specimen ! Congrats

User Info Menu

Nothing streamlined about this guitar. So play it and gig with it otherwise it is a useless guitar. It is worth some change but let's face it the guitar is made to be played and not priceless.

User Info Menu

Beautiful natural clear tone. Nice minimalist "streamline" design. Congrats.

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar and great clip showing it off..

User Info Menu

Last two seconds of the video say it all.

User Info Menu

Wonderful playing and guitar, Charley - congrats!
    I hope you're joking about not gigging with it?!?! (a) instruments are meant to be played; and (b) Andersen designed this as a simpler, "player's" instrument (compared to his fancier models), so you must not disappoint the builder! Now get out there!
    Last edited by marcwhy; 11-22-2022 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Typo!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Wonderful playing and guitar, Charlie - congrats!
    I hope you're joking about not gigging with it?!?! (a) instruments are meant to be played; and (b) Andersen designed this as a simpler, "player's" instrument (compared to his fancier models), so you must not disappoint the builder! Now get out there!
    Thank you. I think you are right, I should gig with it.

User Info Menu

I just came back from my first gig with the new Andersen Streamline 16.

It performed great with absolutely no feedback. I was very pleasantly surprised. I ran the guitar into a tube amp with a SM57 mic draped over it that went into the PA.

User Info Menu

Very nice!

User Info Menu

Charley,
    I'm not surprised. Steve Andersen guitars are some of the best archtops ever built.
    Some day I'll own another one.

I've played a bunch of them
    and have been lucky to have spent hours with Steve in his Seattle shop seeing his work and having lengthy discussions about it and about the wood he used, much of it personally selected from local forests. He has some great stories about it.
    I was sad when he retired but he was ready and we're all lucky to have had Steve Andersen building archtops.
    I wish him well in retirement.
    Congratulations on that fantastic Streamline!