The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Can't imagine what a untrained hack would have done, good call on paying for a pro job!
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro Guitar - Lace Sensor pickups | Reverb

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is how the big brands do "Relic"

User Info Menu

Funny how most "relic" jobs put the (often unrealistic) wear in the wrong places. And even if they do successfully duplicate a specific instrument's wear patterns (e.g., the Fender Rory Gallagher Strat), it still isn't convincing.

User Info Menu

It's as if whoever played that wore clothes made out of sandpaper!
    I've never seen a Les Paul that was naturally worn away that much.
    I kinda can't stand relicing.

User Info Menu

Since this idea of relicing guitars seems to have taken off in the marketplace, soon we will see relicing of musicians so that hobby musicians can get that road-worn look of years of gigging on the road.

Tony

User Info Menu

Well for me at least I’d be gigging again, Lol!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbeltrans
    Since this idea of relicing guitars seems to have taken off in the marketplace, soon we will see relicing of musicians so that hobby musicians can get that road-worn look of years of gigging on the road.

Tony
    Makes sense, the last decade or so there has been more and more reliced groupies, so the trend is there

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbeltrans

Tony
    Surgically enhanced Keith Richards package.