The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Dear jazzers,

Some time ago, I discovered Toob cabs thanks to Markku, the father of them, who is active on this forum. Recently, I got 2 news models from the 6.5 series; GP and BG models. Along, you will find a demo of the two, both paired with a Quilter 101 amp head.

I'm in love with these little pieces of gear...

Best and take care.

Fred.
    Last edited by Fred Archtop; 11-13-2022 at 10:39 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thank you so much, Fred! Those sound really nice and your previous videos provide a benchmark for comparison, which is really handy. I prefer the deeper tonal palette of the BG, although in a band mix the lighter and brighter GP might sit better in the mix.

User Info Menu

Fred,
    Your video popped up on my feed and I watched it and commented.
    You are a treasure here on this forum. You really are. I loved the comparisons. It is very difficult to do what you do. But you make look very easy.
    I really enjoyed that my good man.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

In addition to my heartfelt thanks to Fred, a clarification point: the model on the left is 6.5GP+, i.e. loaded with the 130W SICA 6L 1.5SL speaker like the 6.5BG on the right. Apologies for any confusion, perhaps we've taken the same Nomenclature 101 course as Ibanez and Martin... I'm doing all my gigs with the basic 20W 6.5GP powered by Quilter Superblock US. Should we get called to Wembley, we'll just mic it.
    Last edited by Gitterbug; 11-13-2022 at 11:20 AM.

User Info Menu

I loved the socks!