User Info Menu

has anyone experience in fitting
    fender tilt-back legs to a combo ?

like these ....
    Fender 14" Tilt Back Amp Legs | DV247

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

I’d appreciate any tips and tricks ....

User Info Menu

Fender tilt-back legs-20221107_153405-jpg Hope this is helpful!

User Info Menu

Yes, I always put those on my amps if they don’t come with legs. I can hear myself better without playing as loud, and the soundman likes it too.
    The hardest thing about installation is deciding where to drill for the leg attachment and stop bolt.
    I lean the amp back at the correct angle and prop it up with something. Then, take a leg and hold it in the correct position, making sure that when you pivot the leg to the “closed” position it doesn't protrude past the bottom of the amp. Drill and install the leg screw, then find the correct position for the stop bolt. Then you can measure the location of the screws and repeat on the other side.

thanks both
    yes that’s very helpful

User Info Menu

Something like an AER tilt can achieve sort of the same purpose without the need of "drilling" the amp.

User Info Menu

Fender makes three sizes: 14” for smaller amps, 16” for the Twin and similar, and 18” (or 19”?) for the Super and other tall cabinets. I’ve inastalled these several times, but not for many years. I had some diagrams with measurements but can’t find them now.

Basically, when hanging straight down, they should not extend beyond the cabinet bottom. They should also just miss the corner protectors when swung. The stops (which are P-bass string trees) should be far enough forward so the center of gravity doesn’t cause the amp to tip back up.
    You want the amp to be level and stable tilted back, so the holes on each side have to be in the same spot.

I would experiment, clamping the leg to the side until it is correct, then I would make a guide that can be used on either side as a drill template. I think I made a cardboard template, wood might be better. You don’t need neurotic precision.

Search for “install Fender tilt-backs.” You’ll get plenty.

User Info Menu

PRII content:

User Info Menu

I too want my amp tilted. I have installed these legs to all my amps, even to my 70s/80s Polytone MB IV.

Good installing advise here from others.

User Info Menu

Best tilter I’ve used came with the Mesa Rosette. It’s a large bolt in the bottom. Easy to screw in and out and very stable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    Best tilter I’ve used came with the Mesa Rosette. It’s a large bolt in the bottom. Easy to screw in and out and very stable.
    Same idea was used by Acoustic Image on early versions of the Coda & Contra amps.

Danny W.

User Info Menu