The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

My Gibsons have been gone for awhile, and while they were great guitars I have no regrets. Carved, single pickup guitars fit my playing needs at this point in my life, and I don’t think I could do any better than these two.

New avatar pic-b5e0895b-b472-49b2-8fcc-f88115a3f59f-jpg

Here’s an alternative choice for the avatar:

New avatar pic-c1265f93-69ed-43e2-a3cb-95767d60607d-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Both!

User Info Menu

Nice touch on the Campellone Standard with the hybrid Deluxe/Standard tailpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Nice touch on the Campellone Standard with the hybrid Deluxe/Standard tailpiece.
    Thanks, Hammer. Mark called it a “one off Deluxe variation.” He had it in the shop and offered it to me. I couldn’t pass it up.

User Info Menu

2 real winners in my book.

User Info Menu

The dynamic duo! And a beautiful burst.

User Info Menu

Mark,
    They are just beautiful. I must admit, I am becoming very smitten with the color on your Trenier. Man, that is beautiful.
    I can’t imagine moving on from Gibson’s myself. I admire those who can. It’s just not there with me yet.
    I will only use TI Jazz Swing 12’s because I love the low tension softness. They are easy on my Girly hands. So that “boutique” guitar sound that I get even with my Gibson’s only lasts till the strings break in. I would never really get the true benefit from a guitar built to sound great acoustically.
    Both guitars are gorgeous. I like the photo you have in your avatar at this moment.
    Enjoy!
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Mark,
    They are just beautiful. I must admit, I am becoming very smitten with the color on your Trenier. Man, that is beautiful.
    I can’t imagine moving on from Gibson’s myself. I admire those who can. It’s just not there with me yet.
    I will only use TI Jazz Swing 12’s because I love the low tension softness. They are easy on my Girly hands. So that “boutique” guitar sound that I get even with my Gibson’s only lasts till the strings break in. I would never really get the true benefit from a guitar built to sound great acoustically.
    Both guitars are gorgeous. I like the photo you have in your avatar at this moment.
    Enjoy!
    JD
    Thanks, Joe. If you recall, it was really hard for me to sell my L5CES. I listed in the forum and pulled it back twice before finally following through on selling it. And, only when the prospect of buying this Trenier became possible. But, I’m glad I did it. The Trenier weighs about half what the L5 weighs and it’s so resonant. It sounds great acoustically as well as with the Lollar Imperial.

As for my new Campellone, I actually thought about how great it would be to hear you play one of your chord melodies on it. it has a very old school vintage sound. It’s everything I hoped it would be and more.

Come on over the the boutique side, Joe! The water’s fine!

User Info Menu

Hahaa
    I do remember your trepidation when selling the L5. But you did it right. You made sure you were ready. And obviously, you were.
    I had the fortune of living with a Campellone for a bit and I must admit, I grew attached to it.
    I thought it sounded more like my old Bozeman L7c with a major upgrade. The frets. When you buy a guitar from Campellone, you don’t have to do anything to it. You receive a perfect guitar. Setup to perfection.

I’m still loving the color of the Trenier.
    JD

So true, Joe. That is a very good description of my Campellone, except I went with a 25 1/2” scale length. So, in that regard maybe it’s more like an L5C. It is very light and the neck is absolutely perfect.