The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 191

User Info Menu

Stay tuned to watch a magnificent guitar come to life

A NEW Campellone Cameo begins-6abaec2d-6609-4577-8204-7e4588856210-jpegA NEW Campellone Cameo begins-70e2841b-fe99-4fe8-9ff0-70b1fd69acaa-jpegA NEW Campellone Cameo begins-f476bd69-09c3-411d-898b-638a4a61e2ab-jpegA NEW Campellone Cameo begins-026c4c7e-aa21-4484-9013-06ad2958f89a-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Whew….look at that back plate!

User Info Menu

Vinny, that's got my attention! Wow!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    Whew….look at that back plate!
    Yep! Definitely not going to be an airguitar!

(looks like water in a clear creek, but y'all got that, right? )

Plates machine carved. Next hand carving.

A NEW Campellone Cameo begins-dd18ee88-ee3e-4cd6-ad76-10fbdeddc7f9-jpeg

User Info Menu

That must speed up the process by a lot!

I wonder how this is done. I've seen clogs being copied with an antique forebear of a CNC machine, I wonder he uses something like that or an actual state-of-the-art digital device...

User Info Menu

Something analogue....

Attached Images Attached Images A NEW Campellone Cameo begins-06-jpg 

User Info Menu

Vinny, what do you string all of your Campellones with floating pickups with?

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    Vinny, what do you string all of your Campellones with floating pickups with?
    Mine all have built in humbuckers.
    I use TI flats 13’s but replace the E and B with a 12 and 15 Elixir.

Top and back plates all carved up. Try and find F hole binding that clean on a Gibby.

A NEW Campellone Cameo begins-1e11ee66-0205-48b5-998a-f4bf8d57a961-jpegA NEW Campellone Cameo begins-b28e72be-25cd-4d49-a733-b518c02a125f-jpeg

User Info Menu

Vinny,

That's pretty darn nice.
    Those plates are awesome.
    Mark tuned the plates on my Special to perfection!
    It's as good as it gets.

Cheers my friend, thanks for sharing.

Steve

User Info Menu

Very nice wood! I enjoy my Cameo very much. It has the cognac finish on page 6 of his gallery.

Don6200

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Don6200
    Very nice wood! I enjoy my Cameo very much. It has the cognac finish on page 6 of his gallery.

Don6200
    A nice unique finish! I can image you enjoying it with a large glass of XO next to you!

User Info Menu

17” non cutaway?

Now time for some nice quilt maple rims to match that gorgeous back

A NEW Campellone Cameo begins-65f8543a-ff75-4657-a569-adfd5ca058c8-jpeg

User Info Menu

Looking awesome Vinnyv1k. This is the second build that I needed to pass on. Mark was very understanding. My plan is to be ready for Marks next build in Feb/Mar. I'm hoping that, the 3rd time will be the charm. I'll be following this closely.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    17” non cutaway?
    It will be a cutaway - I make that cut after the rims are completed.

User Info Menu

This will be a gorgeous guitar! I see similar "pillows" in the back as my Gibson has. I will be watching this thread. Congrats Vinny. As Tom Petty says "the waiting is the hardest part".

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tbeltrans
    This will be a gorgeous guitar! I see similar "pillows" in the back as my Gibson has. I will be watching this thread. Congrats Vinny. As Tom Petty says "the waiting is the hardest part".

Tony
    This one isn’t mine but wish it was

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    This one isn’t mine but wish it was
    Maybe someday, then. Watch the for sale section over the next few years.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tbeltrans
    Maybe someday, then. Watch the for sale section over the next few years.

Tony
    I am on Mark’s waiting list for one. I think 2 more years. I already have 3 Campellone guitars so I am already basically set. We shall see. At my age buying green bananas is a slight risk.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    It will be a cutaway - I make that cut after the rims are completed.
    Interesting how other maker's work. Bill Barker and Bill Hollenbeck always cut the cutaway before any real carving. I remember Hollenbeck has little pieces of plastic that served as carving pattern up in the cutaway. He carved the cutaway side not like a non cutaway but he had an extension of the bracing going up into the cutaway portion. Looked like almost a 1/2 ex-braced top but it went up much farther than typical guitars.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    I am on Mark’s waiting list for one. I think 2 more years. I already have 3 Campellone guitars so I am already basically set. We shall see. At my age buying green bananas is a slight risk.
    You crack me up bro.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    Interesting how other maker's work.
    I recall reading something claiming that it doesn't really matter if you carve the full top first and then remove the part to be cut away, or do an adapted carve of an already cut top. I suppose the former is a lot easier, the latter may look nicer.

Nice rims

A NEW Campellone Cameo begins-6db27e6f-4bb1-4272-a2a8-889f30e1fcf8-jpegA NEW Campellone Cameo begins-acc63486-b562-43c8-b1a3-fbffbbdaae2c-jpeg