"bootifull"

User Info Menu

I will Vinny - and the one after that!

And, archtopheaven, I know who BM is!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Another masterpiece completed

Attachment 99739Attachment 99740
    Now that’s one gorgeous archtop Vinny! Great that it’s in a burst. All that great wood still shines through! Congratulations to the owner!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rograt
    I will Vinny - and the one after that!

And, archtopheaven, I know who BM is!
    Winner winner turkey dinner!

Detailed photos

A NEW Campellone Cameo begins-5a9a0168-fc51-454c-8232-06deb4bcb2c4-jpegA NEW Campellone Cameo begins-0beb8f3f-a432-4109-8dd8-5408948ff9ff-jpegA NEW Campellone Cameo begins-ce6e2d63-a1dd-4b57-83df-9b3461dafbad-jpegA NEW Campellone Cameo begins-e1db488e-e951-4fa9-94fd-718c054a0c34-jpegA NEW Campellone Cameo begins-857d23d8-7830-49ec-bb9b-41b44dd6eae5-jpegA NEW Campellone Cameo begins-fc33836d-c72d-42ff-ba44-9bb54a88ef03-jpeg

User Info Menu

Wow.
    Bro, you are so right. This color of this guitar is really put over the top with that particular pickguard material.
    The workmanship on this guitar is incredible. It’s almost like no one should be able to do what Mark does with pieces metal, wood and plastic. And then you add abalone and BOOM!
    It’s so nice that builds of this level of quality are shown in such detail on this forum. We are fortunate to see this.
    Congratulation to the proud new owner and hats off to you Mark. You are a brilliant artist.
    Perfecto!
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Joe, I completely agree with you. Mark explained that the abalone sheet is actually a very thin layer of abalone laminated to a sheet of other material and it is quite translucent. See pic, you can see the layers through the screw holes.

A NEW Campellone Cameo begins-6493a9e7-37f8-47c2-a7c7-227fdd27c509-jpeg

To turn it into what we see he applies various coatings on both sides. He is truly a builder of many skills and talents.

User Info Menu

Thank you Rograt.
    I just amazes me that Mark has kept it up at such a high level for so long. Remember, this man built one of the Blue Guitars in honor of James D’Aquisto for the Scott Chinery project. That was almost 30 years ago!! His eyesight. His hand eye coordination. The strength it takes to carve wood. The patience. The ability to procure the very best materials available. And yet he still finds time to come on the forum and give answers and advice. Mark offers support and gives his time generously to folks who have bought his guitars in the second hand market as if they bought there guitars directly from Mark.
    So many facets of pure excellence.
    Honestly, I’d love to own one of Marks masterpieces. Quite frankly, I am not worthy because I don’t have the patience required to wait. And I am too cheap to pay the price. All of you who had the patience and foresight to buy one are richly rewarded.
    Vin, you are right bro. We’ve watched this man become a legend right before our eyes. And Vin, you’ve played an integral part in his overwhelming success.
    JD

User Info Menu

That's amazing

User Info Menu

wow I've been away for a couple days had a family memorial and this is what I come back to. My goodness what a beautiful beautiful piece.

very interesting that he uses the abalone material and something else to give it strength. I cut a lot of abalone with my diamond wheels but I've never done anything that was going to support weight and parts and things, so what he's done is essentially made a double it or a triplet as we recall it in the stone cutting business. Truly exceptional and beautiful.

BigMike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    I don’t have the patience required to wait.
    JD
    Max-do you know the approximate wait time right now? Thanks.

Doug

User Info Menu

Doug, I know it was hovering around two years for a while then steadily increased. I believe it peaked as high as four years at one stage but then reduced somewhat. Mark is quite responsive. If you fire off an email to him he’ll be sure to get back to you. Otherwise maybe Vinny can provide some idea?

On another note “Bluesome Twosome” (as I have named her for personal reasons) “has left the building” and is being anxiously tracked!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rograt
    Doug, I know it was hovering around two years for a while then steadily increased. I believe it peaked as high as four years at one stage but then reduced somewhat. Mark is quite responsive. If you fire off an email to him he’ll be sure to get back to you. Otherwise maybe Vinny can provide some idea?
    Thanks, Rograt. The long wait is to be expected considering the quality level.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DougB
    Thanks, Rograt. The long wait is to be expected considering the quality level.
    If you are interested, give him a call, he is very easy to talk to. Plus you can get on his waiting list at no cost, and with no obligation. Most other builders charge an immediate deposit.

You might find you jump up the list quicker than you think, like I did!

User Info Menu

Nobody boxes a guitar as well as Mark!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DougB
    Max-do you know the approximate wait time right now? Thanks.

Doug
    The number of tentative orders I now have on my wait list represents about four years worth of work - it's expected that not all tentative orders will end up being confirmed, so wait time could be a little less than the projected four year time -

User Info Menu

My Campellone Deluxe was #555 , perhaps mine and yours was in the same batch from 2 years ago? That cognac finish is exquisite!

User Info Menu

Vinny is that blue Cameo your personal Campellone? OMG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WholeTone
    Vinny is that blue Cameo your personal Campellone? OMG!!!
    No. Another year wait for mine .
    I have a Special and 2 custom 1 offs. The V1K and V1K2 models.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Another masterpiece completed

Attachment 99739Attachment 99740

Wow !!!

Forgive me if these links had been posted previously. This is the guitar MC built for the Collection .

And this is a pretty decent book. One chapter was dedicated to each builder, w/ photos of their instruments. Not easy to find so here's the current Eb listings.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+vose&_sacat=0

User Info Menu

Thanks for the information. I didn’t realise there had been a book.

User Info Menu

Am I seeing this correctly -- does MC stain and finish his instruments with the bindings already attached ? I see he masks the fb and hs's on each, but - ??
    Is this more of MC's sorcery ? : )

Sorry for this dumb question - - and thanks..... : )