The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posts 101 to 125 of 191

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rograt
    In return maybe you could do one of your authentic “relic” jobs on the guitar.
    I sincerely hope Mr. Campellone never offers a relic option!

What a gorgeous finish on that beautiful Cameo. I can’t wait to see pics with the hardware installed.

- AC

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think we are safe AC regarding the distressing of MC's instruments.

I wouldn't be surprised however if Vinny comes up with his own relic comment .

User Info Menu

Relic'ing. Forget that.

I prefer to relic my instruments through regular gigs, rehearsals, and practice. Nothing beats a guitar with real play wear with many years of gig stories behind it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone
    I'd call that the Harry Houdini neck joint. It's invisible, almost like the guitar was made from a single piece of wood. A museum piece except I would play all the finish off a guitar like that. Incredible workmanship.
    Ha - I wish I could've just snapped my fingers to do this neck/body joint, but no such magic - just a lot of trial and error to get everything to fit right - lol

User Info Menu

The result is definitely magic!

Trouble is now that the world has seen that neck joint. Everyone wanting a Cameo is going to want the same.
    If Gibson can do it Campellone can do it better.

User Info Menu

To be fair the conventional cap was also brilliantly done and looked the same from the side - but now that MC has the template made …..
    Last edited by Rograt; 02-09-2023 at 02:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Trouble is now that the world has seen that neck joint. Everyone wanting a Cameo is going to want the same.
    If Gibson can do it Campellone can do it better.
    Ha - actually, the neck/body joints I've seen on Gibson Citations were all very nicely done - same goes for their bound rear peghead veneer - wish I could see how they perform those operations - would probably make my life a little easier : )

New batch with some nice colors.

A NEW Campellone Cameo begins-6382cc7c-cca5-4ada-b920-f03c9f6e439d-jpeg

User Info Menu

The one on the right.......Gold hardware and a seth lover, some Grover Imperials maybe, some flat LaBellas, a JBL loaded Twin Reverb, a taste of some Wild Turkey and a long uninterrupted evening alone. There is something about a set neck, rising up off the arched body as though it were a cello, giving a runway for your notes to fly from. Maybe some day if I sell my place and downsize I'll have the dough to talk someone out of their, er, my Campellone hanging there. Hey at least I can dream.

User Info Menu

I’ve been away, and just noticed this. That Seafoam blue is absolutely stunning! I’m happy to see that Cameo finished in something other than boring blonde. But hey, I’m a sunburst guy so what do I know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    I’ve been away, and just noticed this. That Seafoam blue is absolutely stunning! I’m happy to see that Cameo finished in something other than boring blonde. But hey, I’m a sunburst guy so what do I know.
    2B, You are a sunburst guy AND you know alot..
    Just like you, I am a sunburst guy. But when you are looking at the wood used in that Cameo, you really dont need color. The depth and dynamics in the wood is enough in itself. I could stare at it for days.
    Mark you do beautiful work. And you deserve all the accolades you get here.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    2B, You are a sunburst guy AND you know alot..
    Just like you, I am a sunburst guy. But when you are looking at the wood used in that Cameo, you really dont need color. The depth and dynamics in the wood is enough in itself. I could stare at it for days.
    Mark you do beautiful work. And you deserve all the accolades you get here.
    Joe D
    Thanks, Joe - and yeah, that quilt is pretty spectacular - had that back set stashed away since '09 - not likely to see much more like it.

User Info Menu

‘09! That’s interesting to know Mark.

For you Sunburst guys, initially I had chosen the Chestnut Sunburst finish. Although when I changed my mind I remained 100% behind it I still believe that a Cameo in Chestnut would be absolutely gorgeous and really hope to see one.

User Info Menu

So, that’s the new standard neck joint treatment on the Cameo now, right?
    (grinning & ducking)
    Greg
    Seriously, you might think about it! It’s drop dead gorgeous!…and you have that new jig!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gregc57
    So, that’s the new standard neck joint treatment on the Cameo now, right?
    (grinning & ducking)
    Greg
    Seriously, you might think about it! It’s drop dead gorgeous!…and you have that new jig!
    Ha - I may just do that

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    Thanks, Joe - and yeah, that quilt is pretty spectacular - had that back set stashed away since '09 - not likely to see much more like it.
    I hope you have a set like that stashed for Vinny.

User Info Menu

I hope you have a set like that stashed for Vinny.
    Ha - worry not buddy

Spray work completed and another PERFECT headstock repair on a blonde Super 400.

A NEW Campellone Cameo begins-9d46f45b-f02a-4068-b34d-66bfc55c62e7-jpegA NEW Campellone Cameo begins-a8dc2c5f-c58f-4b24-b105-0ef3564b6913-jpeg

Bling Ready for hardware.

A NEW Campellone Cameo begins-c32fe94e-2c4a-4cd8-b505-3877f68c187b-jpeg

That color really “works” with all that abalone.

User Info Menu

… and we’re not even done yet

User Info Menu

Truth of the matter be known my guess is Mark C could make possible more money just doing repairs. The repairs done on guitars like he makes require only the most seasoned and usually it is a matter of paying the price without much thought as you don't have many options. His finishes are superior to anything almost and just refinishing archtops would bring I am guessing much more.

When you do a headstock repair like he has done it does not require sourcing nearly as much material, it is much more labor, and you are paying him for his skills and talents. Most builders I know say that if you start repairing then pretty much you give up making your own guitars. He is getting to retirement to.

User Info Menu

Spray work completed and another PERFECT headstock repair on a blonde Super 400.

A NEW Campellone Cameo begins-9d46f45b-f02a-4068-b34d-66bfc55c62e7-jpegA NEW Campellone Cameo begins-a8dc2c5f-c58f-4b24-b105-0ef3564b6913-jpeg
    Like it never happened.

User Info Menu

Just .........Wow! The colors on the new guitars, and the invisible headstock repair. Can we clone this guy? Please?
    This just makes me want to go home and play my MC!