Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Sounds this morning.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone using acoustics these days?

User Info Menu

I like playing my flattop for jazz- a cheap ($200) Takamine F340S I bought in 1979. But I think I'd like an OM.

User Info Menu

Indeed.

Collings 02H

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    Almost exclusively.

Collings 002H and a Daniel Bernaert nylon string classical.

User Info Menu

Does anyone think my recording has too much string noise audible? It was done with brand new strings (daddario 80/20 bronze .012). What strings do you guys like?

User Info Menu

On my Collings I use John Pearse Phosphor Bronze Wound Light Gauge strings (#600L).

User Info Menu

I play my archtop unplugged a lot, at home more so than plugged in. It's a laminated spruce top, so not a legit acoustic guitar, but the actual sound quality is quite nice. I also have a Gitane D500 Gypsy jazz style acoustic that. In the warm weather months, I tend to play outside in the neighborhood park a lot, and I usually use the Gitane for that. I also have a cheap-o Recording King flat top for when I want to play more folky, finger-picky kind of stuff, and a guitele because I left my classical guitar in the dryer for too long. Oh, and an acoustic U-bass.

Sometimes I do silly things like this:

User Info Menu

Does anyone think my recording has too much string noise audible? It was done with brand new strings (daddario 80/20 bronze .012). What strings do you guys like?
    Mark, that was incredible. And I personally feel acoustic recordings must have string noise. And yours was just right, like everything else about your incredible playing.
    Big fan Mark. Big fan.
    JD

User Info Menu

Awesome playing Mark, thanks for that!

I have a 000 made by luthier Michel Pellerin (look him up!) about 2 years ago... Had a very good price for it, I could probably sell it without taking a big hit financially. I have now commissioned an archtop to luthier Guillaume Rancourt and I should probably sell one of my five guitars (love them all, it's hard!) to justify this big gift to myself.

I was thinking of selling my Pellerin, telling myself I won't use my flat top much after I get this high end archtop, but this thread makes me reconsider that decision... I'm interested to know what use you guys are of your flat top vs arch top.