The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

I've admired PRS's instruments for decades but never found one I could swing that I liked . ..
    Until today , found it up in Nashville , beautiful condition and a reasonable price . A Mc Carty Soapbar with a nicely done "10" top sunburst.

I've always been a sucker for P90's. 10 Top McCarty soapbar-sp-2-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Luscious! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Awesome guitar! That’s going to make you happy for a long time. Congrats!

User Info Menu

Delicious!

User Info Menu

Fantastic!

User Info Menu

Thanks all!

User Info Menu

Beautiful looking guitar! I’ve always found PRS solid body guitars to have a more pronounced midrange tone as opposed to Gibson Les Pauls. Not sure why that is?

User Info Menu

They were designed from the ground up for clarity, sustain, sweet mids, silky highs and musical lows. And consistency between instruments (no more finding the best of the bunch). Their sound is a result of many small things adding up and a constant drive to improve, improve and improve again. Paul Reed Smith has talked about it a lot online, check it out.

I’m a fan and have 2 core line PRS and 1 SE (which, ironically, is the best of the three). Having said that, I recently sold two other core line PRS guitars to finance a Gibson Custom ES335 VOS.

User Info Menu

So the ES-335 is also a guitar that has a pronounced midrange as well. Really excels at overdrive tones imo!

User Info Menu

That's a real beauty! I've owned several PRS since 1986, they never fail to impress. Currently using a Custom 24 Piezo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    So the ES-335 is also a guitar that has a pronounced midrange as well. Really excels at overdrive tones imo!
    I picked up a 335 a few weeks ago , they are amazingly versatile 10 Top McCarty soapbar-gfoxzh7qhqkuny8baqpv-jpg

User Info Menu

The PRS arrivved last night, I have to say I am very impressed . For a 21 yr old instrument it looked mint, and plays like a dream. Despite the 1 volume, 1 tone layout it is capable of a wide variety of tones. This being an early modle the PRS /Duncan Antiquity's are a bit hotter than the latter versions. I love it , as much output as my PAF's and P90's just have that special sound.

With the tone rolled off on the neck it's fine for the smoother jazz , and has plenty of bite for the Fusion side .

User Info Menu

My '86 CU24 in vintage yellow was my #1 since, well, '86. Thousands and thousands of hours on stage, in the studio, and at home for my selfish pleasure. All the electric leads on my album , UTONIA, referenced in my sig below, were played on that instrument through a '72 50 watt Marshall Plexi driving 4-12" Celestion Greenbacks. The exception was "The Blues Place" starring my '64 ES-345 TDSTV with gold covered Patent Sticker humbuckers, my previous #1. A Scholtz Power Soak kept the neighbors none the wiser. Good times!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    Despite the 1 volume, 1 tone layout it is capable of a wide variety of tones .
    . 1 vol and one tone with versatile switching is my favorite setup.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    My '86 CU24 in vintage yellow was my #1 since, well, '86.
    I had the same thing, bought directly from Paul over the phone. Several years ago sold it to someone in Russia for enough $ to buy 3-4 new PRS. I actually prefer the 5 position blade setup on the newer ones. Best guitar sale decision I ever made.