The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 38

User Info Menu

Beloved wife decided she wanted a new double wide concrete driveway this year, before the winter snow, including the walkways on both sides of the house. $$$$$$$$

It came out great, but how do I now resist checking Reverb every day?
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 09-27-2022 at 05:54 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

...you trade a bunch of stuff with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    ...you trade a bunch of stuff with me!
    If you ever get to visit across the Niagara "creek" you get to park on the new pristine drive. We're lucky that we have a Japanese family directly across the street, who live in Tokyo. (And the husband is a competent rock guitarist!) They keep the house here for when they visit once in a while. So we can can park our cars in their drive for the next 3 weeks while the concrete cures/hardens.

User Info Menu

WOW.....I have actually heard that some people will buy food when there is no guitars in the house. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    WOW.....I have actually heard that some people will buy food when there is no guitars in the house. LOL
    What?? The kids need shoes? But there's a guitar I want to buy. Electric bill? Who cares, warm up a tube amp on each side of the bed.

User Info Menu

There must be a way to support a guitar habit. How hard is it to learn to cook Meth? I hear there's a self renewing and lucrative market.
    Asking for a friend.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    There must be a way to support a guitar habit. How hard is it to learn to cook Meth? I hear there's a self renewing and lucrative market.
    Asking for a friend.
    I experimented with that, but it kept turning blue.

I sent it in as a suggestion for a TV show, but never heard back.

Maybe they'll use it someday.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Beloved wife decided she wanted a new double wide concrete driveway this year, before the winter snow, including the walkways on both sides of the house. $$$$$$$$
    What, you couldn't save some $$ by doing this yourself?

User Info Menu

It came out great, but how do I now resist checking Reverb every day?

WS, you get a higher place in Heaven for enduring the torture of hiring a contractor these days.

When the cable guys start to look good compared to the others, well - - - -

: )

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    WS, you get a higher place in Heaven for enduring the torture of hiring a contractor these days.
    Actually, they were fantastic every step of the way. Professional, polite, competent, thorough. A little more $ than others, but it was worth it.

Blount Construction Co

But I know what you mean, we've had some really bad experiences with contractors, some of which just came down to incompetence and stupidity.

No more GAS (for now)!-driveway-jpg

User Info Menu

Actually, they were fantastic every step of the way. Professional, polite, competent, thorough. A little more $ than others, but it was worth it.
    And you (just like the rest of us) know deep down in your soul that you’d much rather have that beautiful driveway than another dumb guitar or amplifier

Blount Construction Co

But I know what you mean, we've had some really bad experiences with contractors, some of which just came down to incompetence and stupidity.

One time a guy working in the attic mistook a hallway light for the bathroom fan (8 ft away) and stepped right through the ceiling with his leg dangling. The foreman said "He's having problems."

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    And you (just like the rest of us) know deep down in your soul that you’d much rather have that beautiful driveway than another dumb guitar or amplifier
    Not really, it was her choice, er, command.

Two 15 inchers, one solid carved spruce, and one maple lam, on a new 4 inch slab. I think I'm losing my mind.

No more GAS (for now)!-slab-jpg
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 10-01-2022 at 11:06 AM.

User Info Menu

After half a century of marriage, I simply (mis)quote Gilbert & Sullivan when faced with these challenges:

“A husband’s lot is not an easy one.”

Then I polish up the handles on the big front door.

User Info Menu

No more GAS (for now)!-7-31-2-003-1024x768-3-jpg

Well, let's see -

" No one to talk to, all by myself - -"

Photo taken from a cabin rental, which includes the shoreline, but no boat or driveway either.....

( But hey I'm on a budget )......

User Info Menu

"Happy wife; Happy life!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    Asking for a friend.
    Catalytic Converter Theft: The E-Z Road To Financial Independence $$$$$

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Reaper
    "Happy wife; Happy life!"
    All the guitars in the world do not make the converse of this worth considering.

User Info Menu

converse as in conversation, discussion or as in opposite? (Bonus points for having my look up the term to be certain I understood it correctly )

User Info Menu

Right on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    All the guitars in the world do not make the converse of this worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    No more GAS (for now)!-7-31-2-003-1024x768-3-jpg
    Where is that? The lake looks beautiful on a beautiful day (as does the guitar).

User Info Menu

Where is that? The lake looks beautiful on a beautiful day (as does the guitar).
    I bet both will look beautiful on not-so-beautiful days too
    Can't read the headstock label - Epiphone?

User Info Menu

It's Sand Lake, near the town of Stone Lake, in Northern Wisconsin.

Our family ( of 8 ) used to go up there in the '50's - '60's. The daughter of the owners who we'd see every year, still lives there during the summers, and hasn't sold any part of it and has no plans to. It's one of the 2 remaining resorts / RV parks on the lake.

I hadn't been there for 30 + years, and our family of 8 is now down to 3. So when I first got out of the car, and started unpacking after all that time, I couldn't help but think of my brother and I in the old days. I now head up there each year and when anyone ask me what I do up there, I say ' stare at the water '. : )

Thx .