The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

Pulled the trigger on this 2005 Buscarino Corey Christiansen from the online store of Austin Guitar House and it arrived this week. Highly recommend dealing with those guys, they were great to work with.

Wow. I am blown away by this guitar. I have never seen a Buscarino in person, but admired his work from far. After trying some larger archtops, I have decided that due to an earlier shoulder injury years and years ago that my main gigging guitars need to be 16" or under, and 3" in depth or under. Otherwise my should is really aching after a 2-3 hour gig. The carved construction on this and its smaller sized (16" x 2-1/8"), combined with the semi block in the center, leads to a really amazing and different tone. Like a cross between a traditional archtop sound with a hint of a 335 or something from the block. Very different from my Trenier Walnut shown below with it. The Trenier is already a life-er guitar for me, and this one might be joining it. Going to be trying it out at a set on Saturday and will try to get some video if I can of the gig.

Buscarino Corey Model - Video Added-img-5791-jpgBuscarino Corey Model - Video Added-img-5792-jpgBuscarino Corey Model - Video Added-img-5797-jpgBuscarino Corey Model - Video Added-img-5795-jpgBuscarino Corey Model - Video Added-img-5794-jpgBuscarino Corey Model - Video Added-img-5796-jpgBuscarino Corey Model - Video Added-img-5798-jpgBuscarino Corey Model - Video Added-img-5799-jpgBuscarino Corey Model - Video Added-img-5808-jpgBuscarino Corey Model - Video Added-img-5807-jpg
    Last edited by Paulie2; 10-05-2022 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Video Added

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It’s in good hands with a really talented player. Congrats!

Definitely want to hear some clips comparing it to your trenier.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    It’s in good hands with a really talented player. Congrats!

Definitely want to hear some clips comparing it to your trenier.

Thanks for the kind words!! And yes, might need to make a comparison video between the two.

User Info Menu

Wow, thats a dynamic duo right there.
    Ive never had the privilege to play either brand. Maybe one day.
    Enjoy that really fine guitar.
    JD

User Info Menu

Beautiful binding on that one. The tune-o-matic makes for easy/good intonation, and it l@@ks like a great guitar for gigging.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Wow, thats a dynamic duo right there.
    Ive never had the privilege to play either brand. Maybe one day.
    Enjoy that really fine guitar.
    JD
    If you're ever in SC give me a shout!

User Info Menu

Yeah, I noticed that binding in some of the close-up photos too! What a luscious bit of work!

And the finish and color--after only 17 years--just looks as wonderfully vintage as things get. Hope you do get a chance to grab some video. I'd love to hear this one too!

Happy NGD. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Performance from the first song of the first gig on the Buscarino playing an original blues head with my organ trio. Please pardon any sloppiness as we are getting warmed up haha. I think I am overdriving the mic on the camera a little bit as there is some additional gain on some parts that I don't remember there

User Info Menu

NO Sloppiness at all. I really love hearing excellent players showcasing their beautiful guitars in a live environment. This was great. The sound of the Buscarino is bold and powerful. Great sustain. I really liked it. Alot. The amp put a little hair on it too, which was nice.
    Thank You for sharing your beautiful guitar and excellent playing.
    And, there is a VERY strong chance I might be in SC, within the next couple of years. We are considering the Myrtle Beach area for our retirement. I just have to make sure I could handle the humidity.. And the hospitality. (I am from New Jersey, nuff said..)
    Thanks, JD

User Info Menu

Great sound and playing. That guitar looks real comfortable to play too.

Um dude is that a montreal assembly count to 5 on your pedal board? A few years ago i played in some groups that were more "adventurous" lets say and that was one of my favorite devices. I always wanted to send one to bill frisell.

User Info Menu

Paulie that was nice playing I like it with a bit of burn on the amp and nice lines. Go!

User Info Menu

I remember when Buscarino was apprenticing with Benedetto, during the rebirth of high end carved tops.

User Info Menu

[strange: the vid is showing up on my phone, but not my computer??]

Sounds great!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    Great sound and playing. That guitar looks real comfortable to play too.

Um dude is that a montreal assembly count to 5 on your pedal board? A few years ago i played in some groups that were more "adventurous" lets say and that was one of my favorite devices. I always wanted to send one to bill frisell.
    Thanks man!! And that is exactly what it is. It is the most wild pedal I have ever come across. I feel like I am only scratching the service on what that thing can do. I don't really use it on straight ahead stuff, but I have a duo record I am working on finishing right now with my drummer where I use it a good bit for ambient space-y weirdness. And I agree, it has Frisell written all over it.

User Info Menu

One last video from the same gig for anyone interested in the tone of these Buscarinos. This is an original tune called “Lage-ish”

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie2
    One last video from the same gig for anyone interested in the tone of these Buscarinos. This is an original tune called “Lage-ish”

Beautiful tune, tone, and playing...I'm that much closer to pulling the switch on a Buscarino.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaco1
    Beautiful tune, tone, and playing...I'm that much closer to pulling the switch on a Buscarino.
    Thanks for the kind words. Not to fuel the GAS anymore but….. I am blown away by the tone, feel and build quality of this guitar. Just incredible. This is my first experience with any Buscarino and I am sold.

Which model are you considering?

User Info Menu

Now that's some serious guitars, and even more serious playing!

All the very best.

User Info Menu

Great playing! Thanks for posting!

Here's a video I found of John Buscarino talking about the Corey, specs and everything. Just for the curious.