The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Posts 201 to 218 of 218

User Info Menu

We are far away from guitar prices, but it is about wood, so heck why stop now?

Historically California has not had the most acreage burned, but there have been some huge infamous fires recently, probably most notable because of the effect on populated areas.

Some other states have had huge problems—we had some large fires in Nebraska earlier this summer.

These areas all have one thing in common—hot, dry and with a lot of vegetation to burn. I imagine California has the highest population density of those areas though.

When and Where are Wildfires Most Common in the U.S.? | The DataFace

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I live in southern Oregon. In the summer, we have some of the worst air quality in the country from the fires in northern California.

Drought may be attributable to global warming and drought very well could be the root cause of wildfires. In my area something like half the fires are caused by fentanyl driven transients rather than natural causes, but we'll keep it simple with drought for now. So what's the solution? Can a massive investment in green energy end a global warming drought? No. It won't. Not even in the 30-50 year window. It's just a lie democrats tell.

The solution to wildfires is to trim excess fuels in our forests. This takes a lot of labor. And a different attitude towards natural state forest. This benefits rural counties in CA, OR, and WA states. The counties where this work is to be performed are republican. So, politically, it doesn't directly benefit the cities which are democrat and the power base for the democratic governments in these states. So they don't do it and instead spend money to benefit urban areas with a 'look over there' for the easily fooled. When they should be solving a wildfire crisis.

So.. the green energy lie leads to inaction and more wildfires. And more carbon emissions from these wildfires. Far more than green energy will save in the next 30 years. Ironic.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett
    Then you hear wrong. As someone with family who directly works in fire suppression in California, I can tell you we spend hundreds of millions annually on forest management and there is no scientific consensus that there is more that isn’t being done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You are simply misinformed. There are more technical sources and more recent. Chose this one because it's succinct.

Managing Forests to Reduce Wildfire Risks - Public Policy Institute of California

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    I live in southern Oregon. In the summer, we have some of the worst air quality in the country from the fires in northern California.

Drought may be attributable to global warming and drought very well could be the root cause of wildfires. In my area something like half the fires are caused by fentanyl driven transients rather than natural causes, but we'll keep it simple with drought for now. So what's the solution? Can a massive investment in green energy end a global warming drought? No. It won't. Not even in the 30-50 year window. It's just a lie democrats tell.

The solution to wildfires is to trim excess fuels in our forests. This takes a lot of labor. And a different attitude towards natural state forest. This benefits rural counties in CA, OR, and WA states. The counties where this work is to be performed are republican. So, politically, it doesn't directly benefit the cities which are democrat and the power base for the democratic governments in these states. So they don't do it and instead spend money to benefit urban areas with a 'look over there' for the easily fooled. When they should be solving a wildfire crisis.

So.. the green energy lie leads to inaction and more wildfires. And more carbon emissions from these wildfires. Far more than green energy will save in the next 30 years. Ironic.
    2023 is the end of the world as we know it.
    Lakes Mead and Powell will never rise again and the Buffalo Bills will win the Super Bowl in Arizona.

Br afraid. Very afraid.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebol
    2023…the Buffalo Bills will win the Super Bowl in Arizona...
    Howz their kicker?

User Info Menu

Howz your homeless population?
    Still homeless. A majority of them are either mentally ill or have substance abuse issues. And make no mistake about it, they cause enviornmental degradation.

The civilized, liberal cities of Western Europe do not permit what America does in our failed cities. San Francisco is a mess. Tourism is down, conventions are cancelling, people are not returning to work. Bad governance has bad consequences.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    Howz their kicker?

Since you asked;

Stephen A. is right here. The Bills looked into the allegations for about a month and then released Araiza after it became public.
    They should have acted sooner.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett
    All very true, although CalFire and the National Forest Service do work very closely together in what is a massive effort to manage and protect the forests.

The reality is that vast forest land in California and the Pacific Northwest is rapidly turning into semi arid scrub land. Fire is how Mother Nature is doing it.

It may well be too late to stop it; but the notion that somehow California and the National Forest Service are not trying or don’t know how is pure fiction from ragetainment TV and radio. I don’t know why people watch those angry fantasies, but I feel compelled to call it out when people repeat that nonsense as if it were truth. Especially when they denigrate the sacrifice of thousands of fire fighters and forest professionals who are on the front line every year fighting this fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm Swiss but French by birth. I heard it from a French forestry expert. Political affiliation unknown. Not likely to take his news from either FOX or CNN (not sure which one you meant by "ragetainment").

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410

Why are you trying to reason with bull shitters? The only energy source California needs is bull shit.
    They can bull shit their way out of anything.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    We are far away from guitar prices, but it is about wood, so heck why stop now?

Historically California has not had the most acreage burned, but there have been some huge infamous fires recently, probably most notable because of the effect on populated areas.

Some other states have had huge problems—we had some large fires in Nebraska earlier this summer.

These areas all have one thing in common—hot, dry and with a lot of vegetation to burn. I imagine California has the highest population density of those areas though.

When and Where are Wildfires Most Common in the U.S.? | The DataFace
    I don't know about wildfires but global entities aren't going to do much for anyone regarding drought and floods. You have to start at the grassroots. Your town or city, county, state, then work with other states.
    States like Arizona and Nevada aren't polarized over water scarcity. Yuma County is pretty big with alfalfa. If that has to change, so be it.
    You wouldn't know California from Arizona in the lower Colorado River. It's desert culture.

Pat Mulroy is back in Las Vegas;

The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics (Unite and conquer) — High Country News – Know the West

It won't get much coverage in the news but she's going to blow smoke up California's ass.
    It won't be the first time.

User Info Menu

Since you asked;

Stephen A. is right here. The Bills looked into the allegations for about a month and then released Araiza after it became public.
    They should have acted sooner.
    I was thinking more along the line of Scott Norwood and his SB miscue but this may be the one time that I agree with Stephen A.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stevus
    True, and I absolutely love their international news coverage including the US. Though The Economist has an agenda too. Maybe I am more sensitive for that one because I am from Europe :-)
    Perhaps life was less stressful when newspapers made a clear distinction between editorial/opinion content and reporting of actual facts without emotional/editorial/political commentary.

In a perfect world I should be able to pick up any newspaper and read the same reporting of the same facts and then, if needed, find one that confirmed my personal biases about those facts.

S!@!@ I must be getting old!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thelostboss
    Perhaps life was less stressful when newspapers made a clear distinction between editorial/opinion content and reporting of actual facts without emotional/editorial/political commentary.

In a perfect world I should be able to pick up any newspaper and read the same reporting of the same facts and then, if needed, find one that confirmed my personal biases about those facts.

S!@!@ I must be getting old!
    Well that has never happened in the history of journalism. Remember William Randolph Hearst, beating the drums for war with Spain over Cuba?

“You supply the pictures, I’ll supply the war.”

Crucible of Empire - PBS Online

Some things never change.

User Info Menu

I think private enterprise and the free market is the way to forge a future. Government is NOT the place to invest money and look for direction. They are way too wasteful and corrupt. The market will research, develop, and fund what the folks will buy because there is money to be made and it is a product people want and need. Everyone benefits. Governments have shown themselves to be awful at innovation. Free the market. Do not try to stuff product and direction down the throats of the people.
    Amen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    I was thinking more along the line of Scott Norwood and his SB miscue but this may be the one time that I agree with Stephen A.
    Lol. Oh. They became the talented but bickering Bills after the first Super Bowl loss. Josh Allen is the best thing that ever happened to Buffalo. The culture has changed there.
    It was a great game against the underrated Dolphins yesterday. The difference was the weather.

Of course, Buffalo is full of Russian spies and they must never win the Super Bowl.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gregc57
    I think private enterprise and the free market is the way to forge a future. Government is NOT the place to invest money and look for direction. They are way too wasteful and corrupt. The market will research, develop, and fund what the folks will buy because there is money to be made and it is a product people want and need. Everyone benefits. Governments have shown themselves to be awful at innovation. Free the market. Do not try to stuff product and direction down the throats of the people.
    Amen.
    Government bonds are the bedrock of the market. It would be chaos without them. Cryptocurrency shows what an unregulated market is like.

User Info Menu

The crawl on the bottom of the screen is even funnier than the video.