The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looking for IRs for my Mooer Radar for live playing directly into PA. Any sources? There was a guy on her (Dr. Bonkers, or something like that) who I think did some of these, but website appears to be gone.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There it is! Thanks. The link posted a few years back is no good.

Quote Originally Posted by joel65201
    There it is! Thanks. The link posted a few years back is no good.
    Oops. No. Seems like the site links go nowhere. Are you able to actually navigate that site?

User Info Menu

Home page works for me, but looks like some sections of the site are non-functional with server errors.

User Info Menu

I have his polytone IR's (or at least some of them). I compared using a polytone preamp pedal with one of his IR's trough a PA with an acutal Polytone (old one) and the similarity was remarkable.

Personally, I think you're much better of with IR's of regular guitar cabs than "jazz amp" cabs. These are not chosen by sound, but few speakers handle a high power solid state power amp, essencial for a good jazz tone - so PA Eminence speakers are used. Recently the Jensen NEO line seems to handle those high powers (despite their 100w claims) and they sound much better in an open cab than any "jazz amp" cab. To my taste... Even with the polytone preamp, I rarely used the Polytone IR - if I were after that "flat" sound, I would use an EVM-12L IR.