The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Actually Gryphons’s used prices are very fair. Almost all are consignment sales from a mostly rich clientele so the guitars are stellar. They charge a 25% consignment fee and won’t except anything with playability issues. They ship insured by Heritage so a no risk buy unlike Reverb or EBay. When I start downsizing I will use Gryphon.
    I sold a couple through them and they sold immediately.

On a side note prayers for Frank Ford (co-owner ).
    He had a bad stroke and now needs a walker and can no longer repair guitars.
    I have instructed my wife that should I die unexpectedly, she should consign my guitars at Gryphon, one by one. I am sorry to hear about Frank. Where he goes we shall all follow. Old age is a bitch. Play your guitars while you still can and buy the guitar of your dreams if you have the scratch. That money won't do much for you in the hereafter.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Love the pink Chablis finish on your L-5CES. I think that was a proper 90s Gibson designation of the finish: Chablis.

You need a pickguard to dress her properly. And I love the maple: not quite curly, not quite plain but somewhere in between.

Be good to her. The price is right for this beauty!

I remember Chablis being a Gibson color in the 90s as well.

My '93 Le Grand is Chablis.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about Frank Ford. Always wanted a Frank's Crank. I guess he won't be making them now.

User Info Menu

Yeah, sad to hear about Frank, dont know him, but I have gained a lot from his machining and luthiering site

Learned a lot when Ford chose to share his knowledge online. He has quite the legacy. Don't know him but wish I could say thanks.

User Info Menu

Frank has had 3 heart attacks, a couple open heart surgeries, and now the stroke. He was my go to luthier for over 40 years.
    He still comes into Gryphon a couple days a week to hang out.
    It is his world.
    He always lived a very clean life but always had health issues as he always said….bad genes.
    He is 78 and Father Time takes no prisoners.
    In his prime nobody could touch his skills.
    Frank Ford is what made Gryphon great. He still does all the website guitar pics. A very kind and nice soul. He is Mr.Gryphon.
    God bless him.