The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 80 of 80

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbeltrans
    Here are a couple of pics of my (new to me) 1995 Citation that I purchased this week at Lavonne Music. Again, thanks to the OP and this thread for cluing me in on both the Citation and the one available in my area. It is my "forever" guitar now.

I am very happy for you and your forever guitar.

it is breathtakingly beautiful, so good to hear, that it

is such a lively and resonant guitar as well.

wow.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Filmosound 621
    I am very happy for you and your forever guitar.

it is breathtakingly beautiful, so good to hear, that it

is such a lively and resonant guitar as well.

wow.
    Thanks Filmosound! I just finished some morning playing and even still a few days later and my reaction to this instrument is the same as when I first picked it up at the shop. This is what an archtop is to me, though it could be any one of many of the better Gibson model archtops. for some reason, I really like Gibson archtops over most anything else, though my Eastman FV-880 is so different from typical archtop design that it is not included in that statement.

I don't know why this is, but my taste in acoustic guitars and in archtops are exact opposite. On an acoustic (fat top) guitar, I don't care at all for sunburst finishes or pick guards. On an archtp, I much prefer sunburst finish and a classy pickguard.

Tony

User Info Menu

Play it in good health! Your enjoyment with it and appreciation for it comes through in your words. I am very happy for you! We only live once. Don't think twice; it's alright~

User Info Menu

There is a blonde Citation for sale in France : Guitare GIBSON CITATION Natural de 1993 rare) d’occasion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gitman
    There is a blonde Citation for sale in France : Guitare GIBSON CITATION Natural de 1993 rare) d’occasion
    Uh oh! Who is next to get one of these Citations?

Edit: Since getting mine, I have been playing it every day to the exclusion of my other guitars. I know this is considered the "honeymoon" period and such is therefore typical. However, I can also say with confidence that I would much rather have one of these Citations than a bunch of other guitars that together equal or exceed the cost of the Citation, it really is that good. In fact, I had been thinking of "thinning the herd" as seems to be the common cliche term among guitar players, and since getting the Citation, I have been doing just that. Now, it is easy to do because the choice is obvious. I intend to keep my Eastman FV-880 and one or two acoustic flat tops, but everything else is either going or already gone, and therefore paying me back for my Citation expenditure.

Tony
    Last edited by tbeltrans; 09-09-2022 at 01:32 PM.