The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 26

User Info Menu

Hello. I have a small 5 X 7 book that I have been writing licks in. I got tired of trying to draw 6 straight lines and came across this rubber stamp. I dip it in my inkpad and then press the lines on the page. If this is your thing, you might want to take a look at it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L4TGWAW...roduct_details
    Last edited by AlsoRan; 08-17-2022 at 09:05 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I like your suggestion as it's a cool gadget. For me it's still easier to just buy the notepads that already have the lines or print a few sheets when I need them. Like when I insist on using a fountain pen instead of a pencil and have to get another sheet to start over.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    I like your suggestion as it's a cool gadget. For me it's still easier to just buy the notepads that already have the lines or print a few sheets when I need them. Like when I insist on using a fountain pen instead of a pencil and have to get another sheet to start over.
    You have to be either retired or have to be a very patient person to be able tp do that. Love that you still use a fountain pen. I do that as well. Love a good pen and nice ink.
    If it comes to rewrite sheet music, I simply print the staff sheet from the pc printer, use a fineliner and still have to start all over frequently despite my best friend in armor

Tablature Rubber Stamp (and other Gadgets) on Amazon-463x1200-jpg

User Info Menu

You can use a pen that erases, they are pretty popular these days. In theory one would never need to draw lines, but I always run out of music paper at the least convenient minute... I usually have to draw just one line, to get from music to tablature.

User Info Menu

There are also 5-line pens.

Sorry! Something went wrong!

User Info Menu

I see your Tipp-Ex and raise you this...
    Attached Images Attached Images Tablature Rubber Stamp (and other Gadgets) on Amazon-jpg 

User Info Menu

The pens for a 5 line staff don't seem to be readily available in the UK and the ones from China generally get bad reviews.
    I'm looking for manuscript paper with bigger gaps between each staff/stave. When there's ledger lines below and then above on the next staff there's no room for chord symbols, position roman numerals etc.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dot75
    I like this, a cool way to change the contents of individual measures.
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 08-13-2022 at 05:24 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    There are also 5-line pens.

Sorry! Something went wrong!

Cool!

User Info Menu

I made this after seeing a video on YouTube showing how.
    Very useful, and I always take it to rehearsals to jot down phrases. Tablature Rubber Stamp (and other Gadgets) on Amazon-77704a67-bb1e-4101-be05-7954f0afb41b-jpg

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dot75
    I wonder if this is the same thing.

https://www.amazon.com/5-line-Music-...s%2C859&sr=8-3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    You can use a pen that erases
    There also exists fountain pen ink that can be erased. Not sure if it exists in anything but (light) blue, though.

I have a collection of fountain pens (mostly Sheaffers), including a few vintage ones. I just don't write anymore, sadly...

User Info Menu

Here are all the guitar rubber "guitar" stamps. They have guitar tab lines, chord chart, scale fretboard charts, and standard lines with tablature. Also available at Amazon. Roughly 30 U.S. dollars

Amazon.com

User Info Menu

I’ve been using these self-inking stamps for years. I recommend them…fretboard stamps, standard five-line notation stamps…etc…etc…
    The MUSIC STAMP™ Series

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jonh
    I’ve been using these self-inking stamps for years. I recommend them…fretboard stamps, standard five-line notation stamps…etc…etc…
    The MUSIC STAMP™ Series
    Thank you for the recommendation. I was all ready to order until I saw that replacement inkpads were $14.99 each. How many inkstamps can you make before the inkpad runs dry?

User Info Menu

I ordered one a couple of days ago. According to the guy who's been making them for 30 years a pad is good for 10,000 imprints. Even if it's an exaggeration it should see me off the planet.

I believe the guy. I mean...he's Canadian!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Thank you for the recommendation. I was all ready to order until I saw that replacement inkpads were $14.99 each. How many inkstamps can you make before the inkpad runs dry?
    Hi Jabber, I don’t know, I’ve never had to order one! I’ve had mine at least five years I think, and they have plenty of ink left it appears.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    I ordered one a couple of days ago. According to the guy who's been making them for 30 years a pad is good for 10,000 imprints. Even if it's an exaggeration it should see me off the planet.

I believe the guy. I mean...he's Canadian!
    We can both leave our stamps to Jabber in our wills.

User Info Menu

I use MS Excel.

Just pick 5 or 6 rows in one cel, hilite and hit "All Borders", Extend the cel to the entire page, adjust the row height, cut and paste that all the way down, save, print. Any time you want notation of tab paper, print a page.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DRS
    I use MS Excel.

Just pick 5 or 6 rows in one cel, hilite and hit "All Borders", Extend the cel to the entire page, adjust the row height, cut and paste that all the way down, save, print. Any time you want notation of tab paper, print a page.
    Great point! I believe that with the Excel program, you can rule the world!

User Info Menu

Here is a great gadget that keeps books open for you. It is also on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008PIVRY2...roduct_details
    Attached Images Attached Images Tablature Rubber Stamp (and other Gadgets) on Amazon-20220817_200006-jpg 

User Info Menu

Support your local bookshop.

User Info Menu

I just watched the thorough (and long!) documentary about Igor Stravinsky made by Tony Palmer in Netflix and there they present an technical innovation of the genius composer: the Stravigor! A device to draw five lines to a stave!

Tablature Rubber Stamp (and other Gadgets) on Amazon-stravigor-jpg
    Here is some more information about it:

Stravigor | The Antikey Chop

Amazing! Now I dig the Rite of Spring even more!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    I just watched the thorough (and long!) documentary about Igor Stravinsky made by Tony Palmer in Netflix and there they present an technical innovation of the genius composer: the Stravigor! A device to draw five lines to a stave!

Tablature Rubber Stamp (and other Gadgets) on Amazon-stravigor-jpg
    Here is some more information about it:

Stravigor | The Antikey Chop

Amazing! Now I dig the Rite of Spring even more!
    There is a shortened version of the document in YouTube. Here they show how the Stravigor works: