The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi there. For those of you playing a semi-hollow guitar through a Fender Mustang GT40/100/200 amp - what's your favorite settings for those full jazz sounds? Any cloud presets you recommend me checking out?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have the older Mustang III. I like the Fender black face amps.

I've tweaked some of them and have come up with some nice patches for my taste.

I haven't checked to see if any of the presets out on the interwebz would work with the M III.

User Info Menu

I did own the GT200 model amd used it mainly with a Gibson L5, but also 335, LP, 6122 and others.
    There are lots of presets on the GT amps. My fav were allways based on the Fender Twin Reverb / Fender Deluxe Reverb settings. If I recall correctly that were presets no 1 and 5 or 1 and 6.
    But the amp setting also depends on your guitar. Start with the amp all in neutral. Play with turning down the volume/tone on your guitar, see what happens and go from there. Tweak and save until you are satisfied. I used to save the guitar type in the name like "twin 335" or "chorus LP" and noted the channel on the sheet music
    Sold the GT and now use a blonde TM Twin reverb.

Thanks for the tips!