The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi

i have a AS93 and realised that the body is made of maple and mahogany (clearly visible from the F hole). The sound is more mellow than the
    AS73 i have as well (made of maple only). i cant find any official information on this, ibanez website mentions only maple for the AS93. Do you know when this mod introduced and which model has a mix of maple/ mahogany ? is the AS103 mixed as well ?

Thanks

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I never personally saw an AS93/103/153 with anything other than maple/maple. But there was an AS103 with hawaiian Koa and another with spalted maple.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    I never personally saw an AS93/103/153 with anything other than maple/maple. But there was an AS103 with hawaiian Koa and another with spalted maple.
    There is an as 93 with zebra wood, at least as outer layer in the laminate.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyBebop
    Hi

i have a AS93 and realised that the body is made of maple and mahogany (clearly visible from the F hole). The sound is more mellow than the
    AS73 i have as well (made of maple only). i cant find any official information on this, ibanez website mentions only maple for the AS93. Do you know when this mod introduced and which model has a mix of maple/ mahogany ? is the AS103 mixed as well ?

Thanks
    Where is the mahogany? Part of the laminate top or bottom, or sides, or the center block?

User Info Menu

Ibanez AS Body Wood-pxl_20220811_014719797-jpg

it looks like the full body (top back and sides) are made of mahogany + top layer flamed maple, center block is maple.

User Info Menu

Have you checked the Ibanez Wiki?

Portal:AS models | Ibanez Wiki | Fandom

good luck!
    jk