The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I need a repair to the electronics on my archtop while staying in New Jersey over the next couple weeks. I'll be in Paramas / Fairlawn area.

Can anyone recommend a repair person?

Thank you

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Not in that area, but I can recommend this guy, I know him personally as well, he has done excellent work for me as well as repairs for many professional players:

Old School Guitar Repair >> Business website

IDK if he, or ANYONE, would be able to accommodate a 2-week window tho...

User Info Menu

Lark Street in Teaneck does some repair work (I haven't used them). I know someone in Harlem (not too far from the GWB) who does excellent work, if you're willing/able to drive in to the City.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    I need a repair to the electronics on my archtop while staying in New Jersey over the next couple weeks. I'll be in Paramas / Fairlawn area.

Can anyone recommend a repair person?

Thank you
    Marc Tappan is a friend and the guitar tech at Guitars 'N Jazz in Summit, which is about a 20-minute drive from Fairlawn. I know that he's away with his family this week so you can try calling him at the store next week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Not in that area, but I can recommend this guy, I know him personally as well, he has done excellent work for me as well as repairs for many professional players:

Old School Guitar Repair >> Business website

IDK if he, or ANYONE, would be able to accommodate a 2-week window tho...
    Curt Wilson at Old School is great he can do anything. I got some advice from him years ago on a Gretsch neck reset I was doing and he was helpful and gave specifics. Also you could go to Lark Street Music they can help. Ian Davelin heads there shop and he is an expert. You don't exactly need this for your repair but going to one of these places it will get done right.

Thanks Everyone! I made an appointment at Lark Street Music. They are just 15 minutes from where I am staying.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    Curt Wilson at Old School is great he can do anything. I got some advice from him years ago on a Gretsch neck reset I was doing and he was helpful and gave specifics. Also you could go to Lark Street Music they can help. Ian Davelin heads there shop and he is an expert. You don't exactly need this for your repair but going to one of these places it will get done right.
    I can personally vouch for Ian Davelin. 1st rate work.
    Ronaldo Orlandoni is a legend. He is on Bergenline Avenue in Union City.
    JD
    Last edited by Max405; 01-25-2024 at 01:49 PM.

User Info Menu

While we’re on the subject has anyone used Steve Hayes in Colonia lately? I’ve had some great work done by him.