The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

I was browsing the prices of Heritage Eagle Classic Standard archtops and it looks like there's been yet another price hike on these guitars. I keep browsing the net hoping to find one before ANOTHER hike, but no dice. They're all on backorder. There was a $500 price hike just a few months ago. Now most of them are $6000+. Check Ebay and Reverb and see for yourself.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Should have purchased the mint one last year on reverb for $3200. It was there forever!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jumpnblues
    I was browsing the prices of Heritage Eagle Classic Standard archtops and it looks like there's been yet another price hike on these guitars. I keep browsing the net hoping to find one before ANOTHER hike, but no dice. They're all on backorder. There was a $500 price hike just a few months ago. Now most of them are $6000+. Check Ebay and Reverb and see for yourself.
    Unless you are set on a new Eagle, you might consider keeping an eye out for a clean used one. Be patient, they're out there.

Also, prices on used Golden Eagles might also be in your price range.

If I didn't already own a GE, I'd be after this one: Heritage Golden Eagle Archtop Jazz 1995 Kalamazoo Antique | Reverb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler
    Unless you are set on a new Eagle, you might consider keeping an eye out for a clean used one. Be patient, they're out there.

FWIW - I will be selling my mint Eagle Classic on eBay soon (I won't deal with Reverb). Since new the new ones, which don't seem to actually be available anywhere, are selling for $5500, I am thinking of listing it for $4500.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzWhiteBelt
    FWIW - I will be selling my mint Eagle Classic on eBay soon (I won't deal with Reverb). Since new the new ones, which don't seem to actually be available anywhere, are selling for $5500, I am thinking of listing it for $4500.
    Let’s see it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Let’s see it
    LOL

I need to take new photos, but here are the ones from the original listing at The Music Zoo.

Heritage Eagle Classic Standard-737e4666-2179-42b4-a162-579c061e4e24-jpegHeritage Eagle Classic Standard-3f7159d3-1ffe-4790-953d-766f1007b84e-jpegHeritage Eagle Classic Standard-e528946e-2c2e-44a4-b003-7edf1748135e-jpegHeritage Eagle Classic Standard-9fe92c58-108f-4168-b1ff-55ed178fee60-jpeg

User Info Menu

It's funny how timing is everything. I bought a used Eagle Classic in 2008 locally for $1500. I got a Golden Eagle two years later for $2200 and sold the Classic for about what I paid for it. I sold the Golden Eagle a year or two later for $2400. When you put eBay fees into the equation, it was break even. On the other hand, they gave me years of joy.

I can understand the current prices. It takes a long time to gain the skills necessary to create a good archtop. The cost of materials keeps going up. The market for these archtops is limited compared to Strat knock offs. These are not just tools either. They are works of art.

Here is an interview with a master. Marvin Lamb | Oral Histories | NAMM.org

And more. Bill Paige | Oral Histories | NAMM.org

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzWhiteBelt
    LOL

I need to take new photos, but here are the ones from the original listing at The Music Zoo.

Heritage Eagle Classic Standard-737e4666-2179-42b4-a162-579c061e4e24-jpeg
    She rivals any Golden Eagle that I’ve seen. Beautiful archtop! Play her!!!

BTW, if she looks the same I’d use those photos, for it’s photos that sell guitars, and make one reach for their wallet. True story.

User Info Menu

Are those fingers gold, or black? They look black in the photos. Perhaps it's just the lighting angle.

That thing is gorgeous. Un/fortunately, (depending on how you look at it), I have a trade deal in the works for an Eagle Classic Standard. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to afford one. The problem is the dealer has had an EGC on order for over a year and it could be another year (or more) before it shows up. I need the EGC to do the trade.....dang it!!

User Info Menu

Well, observe how today, the MZ has zero jazz archtop’s in inventory. Absolutely nothing. So in reality, does that suggest what a mint Eagle Classic should be worth?

It’s not the old days of devalued Heritage guitars any more.